Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Compassion For My Impatience

Take a deep breath (is there a limiting belief that's holding me back?).  Just do the next thing that shows up (is this my ego or truly my intuition guiding me?).  I'm exactly where I need to be (did I screw up my manifestation with feelings of lack?).  Welcome to my version of patience.

Patience is a tough one for me.  I've been taught that I live in an environment of my thoughts and feelings and I am hungering for certain experiences.  Why, then, does it take so long to show up?

What I'm learning is that this life is not about the next thing that I get, it's about the journey and the experience, about feeling ALL of it - the good and the not so good.  It seems to me our natural reaction to something that does not feel great is to get through it quickly.  We deny it, we start affirming the opposite, start chanting and tapping and forcing ourselves to think positive.

All feelings are important so why, when the boredom or the anxiety show up, don't we embrace it?  Why don't we spend some time with the feeling?  Why not treat that painful thought with compassion and make space for contemplation?  This does not mean you have to become consumed with the feelings.  You can choose to simply experience it.

And in that experience comes true spiritual growth.  An understanding of our nature and a chance to nurture and love who we are.  It is our chance to really understand what it means to be in the "Now".  

So, I choose to spend time with impatience, to get to know it better and as it works itself out, I find what emerges is a trust and faith beyond where I was previously.  Because everything is working for my good.  And in that knowing, I have infinite patience.

I set the intention that today, I am patient and trust things are exactly as they should be.

Affirmative Prayer:
As the winds blows and the mountain stands tall, as the sun shines and the stars twinkle in the night sky, there is a presence of the one Spirit, the one Creator, the one Power, that is goodness and light and strength and grace.

As I look within me, I can see this one Power, this Creator, filling me with joy and truth and love.  It consumes every cell of my body and I allow it to take over and guide me.  Everything I need is within me and I need do nothing but be who I am.

Deep within me are gifts and talents waiting to emerge and I let them patiently blossom and flourish in Divine time, trusting what emerges is for the highest and best for me and for everyone I am surrounded by.   The blessings that show up are exactly as they should be and I declare they are more than I can even imagine.

I am so grateful for the wisdom of the Creator within me and for the knowing of the infinite patience I am graced with.  Thank you, Universe, for the abundance and the prosperity and the love that shows up in perfect Divine timing.  Thank you, God, that I can easily allow all my gifts and talents to express exactly as they should, when they should.

I release my words to the action of the Law, accepting the truth that it is already done, affirming that I am already blessed beyond measure.  I take action as I am guided and have faith that my prayer is already answered.  And so it is.   Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment