Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Can Relish What I Eat

I have always had a love-hate relationship with being thin.  I love to eat, however, I would feel less than enough if I didn't weigh a certain amount.  I was convinced that my friends would no longer be my friends if I couldn't fit into my size 8 jeans or that if I was thinner, the cutest boys would be attracted to me.

Needless to say, my weight was up and down and my feelings about myself were also up and down.  I would criticize my body and blame my metabolism, my family genes, my body shape - it was not my fault that I was not thin.  That was, until I made the decision to love myself and my body for exactly how it was in this present moment.  I took responsibility for myself, realizing that eating healthy and exercising were going to take some work, however, it could also be fun.  It's okay to have a bite or two of chocolate cake when most of the time, I'm eating foods that are nourishing and rejuvenating.

There is no perfect moment to start - we all just have to start and sometimes, I have to re-start.  So, today, my intention is to be mindful and conscious of the foods I eat and the size of my portions.  I enjoy every bite and feel energized living my life, choosing healthy foods and exercise that is fun (I can choose Zumba over running a marathon and feel good about it).   This is my new way of living!

Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment, there is only One - One Power, One Presence, One Love, One Beauty that surrounds and embraces all that is.  This One is amazing and transformative, creating more good from good, more joy from joy and more beauty from beauty.

I know I am a perfect expression of this One that I call God.  As I move, there is a grace that moves within and through me, transforming my life as I let my light shine.  I am protected as I step from the nest, spread my wings and soar into the magic that is my life right here and right now.

As I continue to soar, I accept and surrender to the knowledge that all is well.  My body is a beautiful temple and I treat it with the tender love it deserves - eating fruits and vegetables and protein that is so good for refreshing and rejuvenating my spirit. I love that I am my perfect weight!  My body is strong from the exercise I do and it feels wonderful to go for a run or ride my bike or walk my dog, knowing my heart is pumping the blood that sustains my physical existence.  It's so natural for me to eat enough and to know when to stop - I have one cookie and am satisfied by the experience and I put the rest away.  I affirm that it is really just that easy!

I am so grateful for this power that resonates through me.  And, I'm thankful every day that I have an abundance of healthy foods available and the money to purchase them.  My kitchen is stocked with food that is nutritional and tastes good.  Thank you, Mother/Father God for your presence in my life that guides me to the perfect exercise for me.  

Releasing my words to the action of the Law, I know the perfect outcome is already done and the highest and best is showing up as I let myself be guided.  I trust in this moment right now, and I let it be so.  And so it is!

"Your body is precious.  It is our vehicle for awakening.  Treat it with care."
~Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment