Saturday, May 4, 2013

Daily Intention for May 4, 2013

Benjamin Franklin said, "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."  Some days I have to remember that it's not my job to fix myself or to fix others.  No one is broken!  We are exactly who we need to be in each and every moment.

Knowing this truth does not mean I have free reign to act without conscious thought.  It means I am to choose discernment over judgement.  When someone is pushing my buttons, I can choose to walk away or change the subject rather than lash out with words I will likely regret later.   When I am in a group caught up in negative talk OR if I get caught up in negative self-talk, I can make the choice to instead be kind or gentle.

Benjamin Franklin was right, it is awfully tempting to speak our minds, however, if we speak our "hearts", we often find there are things better left unsaid.  There is a power within us that can move mountains if we remember to access it and to use it.  That's why I believe intentions are so powerful.  When I start my day, I can set the intention to keep my mouth shut if it will be harmful to others or to myself.   And, better yet, I can set the intention to share words that might make a difference in another person's day.  I want to focus my energy where it will do the most good and I believe I am guided to do exactly that when I tune into the God within.

Today, I set the intention to let go of judgement and look at things with a sense of humor.  I always have the right and perfect words for every situation and every person I encounter and I can choose to leave someone who needs it with a smile.

Affirmative Prayer:
Know with me, right here, right now, is the all good that is God.  In the cool of the morning, in the heat of the day, the One Presence and One Power is endless and unlimited.   This Source energy moves and breathes and has it's being in me and I know this as my truth - that as Source is endless and unlimited, so too am I.

In this amazing journey that is my life, I move through my day speaking with the intention of kindness.  As I tap into the wisdom of the Universe that resides within, I have the perfect words in every situation - gentle words, creative words, words that bring a smile to every person I talk to.  Hearing the crying of a baby or listening to the noises of a busy city, I have no need for judgement and instead choose to see the God within all that is.

I am so thankful to Spirit for all that is a part of my expansion, for all that I am becoming as I discern how to behave in every situation.  In gratitude, I affirm that my life is rich and full and abundant as part of the endless and unlimited Source of all good.  My life is blessed!  And I let it be so.  And so it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment