Friday, September 27, 2013

Making Peace With Uncertainty

I am clear that my current reality is merely a single moment in time on my journey as I chase my dreams and live my life.  I also know that more is possible for me that I can even imagine.  Persistence in focusing on the positive, attainable things is uplifting and up-leveling my life as I maintain my daily spiritual practices.

I am also clear that it is only a matter of time before shifts will happen and that the vision of good I have been holding will show up.  What I'm struggling with currently is the uncertainty.

Am I wandering aimlessly or am I exactly where I should be?  When will things start to shift?  Did I miss a sign that I should have done something differently?

Uncertainty is NOT my friend.  I think that's a major reason why I don't enjoy the Space Mountain roller coaster at Disneyland.  Not knowing when a big drop or a twist is coming up is not my idea of a good time.  Haunted houses are not much fun for me either.  I don't enjoy being scared unexpectedly by things that jump out of dark spaces.

And because uncertainty is not comfortable for me, I know it's something I not only need to make space for but I need to embrace it.  I need to make peace with uncertainty.

Knowing that what I focus on grows, I have to keep my focus on being strong enough to let go and let God.  When I am experiencing uncertainty, it is the perfect time to take a breath and pray - to go within and tap into the Divine.

Most of the time, I get it - the idea that it's not mine to say WHEN things happen. That is the job of the Universe.  And, I also realize that I don't get to choose HOW things will happen - again, that is for the Universe to show me.

What I am coming to understand is that it's okay for me to ask for clear signs from Spirit that I'm heading in the right direction, that my timing is perfect and that the choices I'm making are for my highest and best good.

I am always connected to Spirit and It is always leading me.  So, I keep moving forward, one step at a time.  And, I hold the intention that I am more and more comfortable with uncertainty, trusting that events in my life unfold in perfect, Divine timing.


"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated 
through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, 
this expression is unique.  And if you block it, it will never exist through any 
other medium and it will be lost.  The world will not have it.  It is not your business 
to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with 
other expressions.  It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to 
keep the channel open."
~Martha Graham

"A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future.  You must break out
of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar 
and the unknown."
~Denis Waitley


Affirmative Prayer:
Today, and every day, there exists unlimited abundance and infinite supply, all contained within the One and Only Source.   It is a magnificence that knows no limits as It expresses through all that is.  And I open my heart to let this Source of magnificence flow through and around and as me.

Holding this consciousness, I open to the possibilities of being well on every level.  My good is showing up in a variety of ways and even through changes and uncertainty, I accept all that God has for me.  I am always supported in amazing, magical ways.  Affirming the support of Spirit, I stay present to being receptive to whatever shows up.  I place no limits or boundaries on my flow of grace and no judgement of myself as I simply allow.  Everything is happening exactly as it should and at the perfect time for my highest and best good.

I am so grateful for all that I have been given in all the various forms that Spirit has made manifest.  Thank you, God, for the magnificence that expresses through me.  Feeling the magnificence wash over me, I release my Word to the Divine action of the Law, knowing that it is already taking place and I simply need to let go and let God.  Life is so good!  And I let it be so.  And so it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment