Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Courage To Be A Spontaneous Giver

Spontaneous generosity to other people is not something that comes easy for me.  As an example, I have friends who are always gifting things to others that they know will match their interests.  For me, when I see this, I can feel my shadow side start to emerge and there is a push-pull between jealousy and insecurity.

I believe I feel jealous because this type of spontaneous gifting is something I would love to do.  But - my insecurities around being rejected rise pretty quickly to the surface.

So, instead, I play it safe.  I mention to a friend that I saw something I thought they would love.  Sure enough, they agree.  How much more satisfying to be able to give the item to them rather than simply talk about it.  I have the validation that my intuition is spot on.  I just need the courage to follow through on my intuition.

Now that I realize this is happening, I can make space for observing and healing the feelings.  I can honor the jealousy and insecurity and let them go.  And, I can also make space for something new to emerge.

Rather than let my monkey mind take charge, I can become intentional about my giving.  I already get the intuitive urges and nudges from the Universe.  I simply need to trust them and to follow them.

Most importantly, I will not judge myself if it turns out their first reaction is not enthusiasm over my gift.  I am starting to see that it is not about the gift at all - it is really about my experience in the giving.   It is about opening up to possibility.

Knowing that, today, I set the intention to treat giving as a sacred spiritual practice, having faith the Universe will never steer me wrong as I follow my intuition.

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to 
give birth to a dancing star."

"We always know which is the best road to follow, but we follow 
only the road that we have become accustomed to."

Affirmative Prayer:
The Power to create, the unlimited possibilities of Life - it is all contained within the Divine Intelligence that is God.  Stepping into this awareness and connecting with Divine Intelligence, all is made new in the quiet stillness that exists within me.

It is from within that I can see the grace that moves through me and the love that surrounds me.  I live my life on purpose, remaining open to the support of the Universe to guide me.  Affirming the grace that always supports me, I give spontaneously and freely, just as I am given to by Source, by Spirit.  Life flows harmoniously in the giving and receiving and I am open and receptive as God's thoughts become my thoughts.  I let myself be directed in my choices, trusting they are for my highest and best expression.  I can let go of any insecurities, knowing that my intuition is guiding me in perfect and abundant ways.  Joyfully I give and joyfully I receive.

And joyfully I give thanks for the abundance and prosperity that is a natural outcome of circulation.  I am grateful for the growth I experience and I am grateful for the people who come into my life as part of this growth.  We are all connected in possibilities of Life and it is all good.

It is from this place of the all-good that I release my Word to the Divine action of the Law, knowing the work is already done and I need only follow my intuition.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment