Friday, September 13, 2013

Escaping My Prison Walls

I have a story about my life, complete with characters full of drama and events filled with struggle and suffering.  My story is what I've been used to living and it is my comfort zone.

Because it's so comfortable, I don't even realize that I easily fall back into the pattern of suffering until I'm in the midst of the drama.  In fact, I'm starting to believe that I'm addicted to struggle.  It keeps me safe in what I know, especially around money.

Yesterday, I read a post by Science of Mind Magazine contributor, Austin Vickers.  He said, "When we recognize that it is we who have created prison walls through our choices and our lack of courage to pursue our dreams, we begin to empower ourselves with the knowledge necessary to escape."

And on goes the lightbulb!  It was exactly what I needed to hear.  I can empower myself with the knowledge necessary to escape.  Recognition that I can change what I have created with my thoughts and with my words is the first step.

Just like any addiction, I'm not sure that I will ever be completely free.  After all, the struggle might be there to polish and refine the person I'm becoming.

But - taking it a day at a time, claiming responsibility for my choices and continuing to practice my practice, I can take back my power.

Tapping (EFT) and Afformations have been two of my favorite tools recently to help release old thought patterns.  I was tapping yesterday around abundance and prosperity when I suddenly heard my parent's voices - "We don't have enough money for that."

Talk about a prison wall!  I have built a sturdy cell to keep me locked in to thoughts of having just enough money to get by.  Now - I can start to take down the bricks by affirming thoughts and words of "more than enough".  And, I can still be safe as I change how I perceive having money SHOULD be.

Above all, I have the power of affirmative prayer to help me make a real change.  With that, I can let go and let God.

And, I can get out of the way!

My intention for today - to be an original thinker, filled with brilliance and breaking through old patterns of lack.


"Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.  Human beings 
have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create
 a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives."

"The world we have created is a product of our thinking.  It cannot
 be changed without changing our thinking."

Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment and every moment, there is only One Divine Presence.  It is an Intelligence filled with magic and wonder, with love and joy, with peace and goodness.  It fills who I am, surrounding me and moving through me with a richness that knows no end.  And as I embrace the magnificence of the One, I breathe deeply and easily and lean into the Power.

Affirming my connection to Source, I know I am filled with a brilliance to create a world that supports my circulation.  My thoughts become things and I choose to think thoughts of abundance and prosperity, for myself and for others I am blessed to meet in my journey.  My life is filled with goodness and I am safe to chase my dreams, to align with my purpose.

I am so grateful for the overflowing love of Spirit.  I walk in faith and in trust, thankful that each and every day, the Universe has my back.  And in the perfection of this moment, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, know that it is already done and all is well.  And I let it be so.  And so it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment