Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Overcoming The Fear Of Missing Out

Crazy and paranoid thinking.  That's what shows up when I've been asked to help with something or to go somewhere and I say NO.  My mind jumps right to the fear that I'll miss out on something if I don't say yes.  So what am I afraid I might be missing?

Knowing that this is a Universe of Cause and Effect and using the power of Affirmative Prayer, I am co-creating my life. As a creator, my paranoia shows up when I believe I'll miss some crucial guidance from Spirit if I'm not involved in every offer that comes my way.

I have clarity in my thoughts and I hold the vision but if I'm sitting at home, how is the Universe going to support me to ensure I'm on the right path?

I also get a little crazy looking for hidden meaning in things I'm asked to do.

A few years ago, a friend mentioned she was volunteering as part of an event team.  A few days later, I ran into the person who heads up the team and while we were talking, she used words that triggered a vision I was holding for my livlihood.  I was offered a few opportunities to participate and, of course, I was saying yes to all of them.

Over the year I was on the team, I was searching for clues in every wedding, memorial service, friendship visit, etc. as to where I was being guided.   And - I became overwhelmed as I tirelessly did more and more.  I was exhausted and I was becoming resentful.

I'm pretty sure Spirit is not going to be guiding me to my highest and best through stress and fatigue.

For me, as I live life on this journey of expansion, I am seeing that it is okay to say no.  I won't miss a sign or signal from the Universe by setting limits on what I can say yes to.  I simply need to trust - trust that I am always in the right place at the right time, no matter what.

The more I tap into trusting that I am Divinely guided in every choice, the more I can see that something even more promising may be waiting for me when I have boundaries around how I spend my time.

And here is how I KNOW that the Universe is always leading me down the right path for my highest and best good.  This quote from Neale Donald Walsh popped up on my Facebook page this morning.

"You are on the right path; you are marching straight to your own joy, and to happiness for others.  Did you need a "signal" from the Universe about this?  Consider that signal as having been sent...  Now it is just a matter of trust."

So, today, I set the intention to trust that I am on the right path and sit in expectancy that something even better that I can imagine is rushing up to meet me.

"I am no longer afraid of becoming lost, because the journey back always reveals something new, and that is ultimately good for the artist."
~Billy Joel

"No single decision you ever made has led in a straight line to where you find yourself now.  You peeked down some roads and took a few steps before turning back.  You followed some roads that led to a dead end and others that got lost at too many intersections.  Ultimately, all roads are connected to all other roads."

Affirmative Prayer:
The abundant nature of Spirit, of Source Energy, is always at work, filling bucket after bucket with joy and with happiness and with love and with peace.  It is all Life, moving in perfect ways, to shower an endless gift of grace on all that is.  I am fulfilled in the knowing that this Source that I call God is bringing my bucket to an overflow of abundance as It expresses through me.   Claiming harmony as my truth, I can never be separate from my Source.

And it is from this space of Oneness that I can trust I am always on the right path and exactly where I am supposed to be in every moment.  As I take right action throughout my day, I allow the Universe to guide me in beautiful ways, relaxing into the knowing that I will not miss anything if I choose to say "no".  My life is easy and filled with grace as I step into the overflow of the bounty of Life.  I join with others and rise to levels of success in all areas of my life that are even better than I can imagine.  There is a perfection in the Universe that frees me to have only the faith of a mustard seed to manifest an abundance of good.

I am so thankful for the knowing that I can let go and let God.  I need not stress or worry but simply allow my life to unfold.  And I am filled with gratitude as I am moved to make choices that flow from my heart.  I ask what would you have me know, Mother/Father God, and I am given an answer that keeps me on my Divinely guided path.

Accepting this good with great thanks, I release my prayer to the action of the Law, knowing the work is already done.  All is lining up for my highest and best and I let it be so.  And so it is.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment