Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Are You Willing To Balance Doing With Being?

I have been so out of my routine lately since finishing up my last day at work.  Most of the time, it's been great because I had the free time to spend with family and see my son off to the Air Force.   But - with tomorrow being the big day to take the written practitioner licensing exam, I really need to get some study time in.

Instead, all I'm feeling motivated to do is spend time sitting and daydreaming.

So far, here's my day:
I took the dog for a walk
I went for coffee
I checked email
I spent time on Facebook and watched a TED talk
I decided to run to the grocery store for a few things.

That's when I had to give myself a heart to heart talk.  This exam and becoming a practitioner are VERY important to me.  It's a soul's calling that I have been chasing for four years now.

So, as I stall, I tell myself that I need to make the time to take an hour to buckle down and just pull out the books and notes and flash cards and simply do it.  Funny, but with this being so important, I would have thought I'd have jumped out of bed with so much enthusiasm to study Ernest Holmes and all the New Thought teachings.

Not the case...

The truth is, even when I am free to choose to spend time only on the things that I am driven to do, there is still a strong pull for me to turn off the cell phone and unhook from the world.  The trick is balancing the two so I don't end up worrying about the things I'm NOT doing.

Contemplating this feeling to spend time only in the moment, I've decided that I'll set a timer for one hour and immerse myself in studying.  I'll fulfill any obligations that I've made for the day.  Then, I'm going to take a step in faith that I will know everything I need to know for tomorrow's exam.

And - I'm putting away the books and the notes and the flash cards.

If I really need to study more, I'm certain I'll receive divine guidance that nudges me to sit down again and make some time.  When I am truly tuned into the Universe, just-in-time wisdom does a beautiful job of guiding my next steps.

So, what is your inner wisdom telling YOU what you'd like to spend time doing today?  And, are you listening to it?

Today, I set the intention to follow my inner wisdom, balancing my time between obligations and "me" time, trusting that by listening to divine guidance, my dreams are manifesting beyond anything I can imagine.



"To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker - the stillness underneath the mental 
noise, the love and joy underneath the pain - is freedom, salvation, enlightenment."  

"If you want something in your life you've never had, you must be willing
 to do something you've never done." 


Affirmative Prayer:
Honoring the call to stillness in this moment, there is an Infinite Intelligence that is sweetness and beauty and tranquility.  It is perfect health and complete wholeness that is the all-good of Spirit, of Divine Source, of God.

Awakening to this each day, I am immersed in the all-good and surrounded by the wholeness of Spirit.  I am filled with the light of joy that expresses as me, connecting to the heart and soul of every thing that exists in the One Mind.  And, each night, I am filled with a Divine well-being that tells me I can sleep peacefully, relaxing in the embrace of the Beloved.

Honoring my journey, I affirm that inner wisdom is always guiding me with perfect, Divine timing.  My path is well-lit and I accept the love of the Universe that fills my heart to overflowing.  I claim the deep peace that carries me through each day, knowing that my gifts are being revealed in extraordinary ways.  I let go of any mental clutter that tells me "I can't" and I welcome the clarity and the connection to beliefs that tell me "Yes, you can!"  I am unlimited in the possibilities for my life and I remember the freedom and security that are available to me as sure as the sun rises and sets each day.

Deeply grateful for the unconditional love of Spirit, I smile as I am renewed in this love.  I am thankful for the abundant life I live as I take steps toward fulfilling my destiny.  And I am filled with gratitude for the intimate embrace of the Universe that desires only my happiness.

With faith that my life is unfolding in remarkable ways, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  God is at the center of my being and all is well.  And I let it be so.  And so it is!

Photo courtesy of Greg Westfall/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment