Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Take The High Road To Happiness

Permanent happiness comes only from an inner sense of certainty which cannot be shaken.  The mind must reach a place where it no longer remembers the past with any anxiety, or looks into the future with uncertainty.  If you believe in God <or the Universe or Source>, if you believe in your own soul, then no matter what situation confronts you, you can be happy.  ~Ernest Holmes

That excerpt is from this month’s Creative Thought magazine and in this moment, it’s a doozy of a lesson for me.  The reason why – instead of enjoying the day with my family, I was sitting in an airport on a Sunday morning heading back to my corporate office in Pittsburgh.  I did NOT want to go and as a result, I was NOT very happy. 

On top of that, I pay a membership for the Clear service which is supposed to help you avoid waiting in the TSA lines, however, that morning, they were closed.  Just one more thing to add to my growing list of why I had the right to be unhappy.

So what do I do with this?  How do I break free from this unhappiness? 

First, I knew I couldn't let this freak me out.  I have been on this journey of personal growth and discovery for quite a few years now so I knew I could figure something out.  What stood out in the moment is that I better change my vibration of unhappiness to something else or things will just spiral down from here.

Then I remembered that Abraham-Hicks has a great tool for raising my energy vibration – reach for the next highest thought.  

So here's how the internal conversation went:  Okay, so I’m unhappy, but really, everything has gone pretty smoothly and I have plenty of time before my flight even starts to board.

Well, that’s a little better.  I'm starting to feel that maybe I’m supposed to be taking this trip from some reason I can’t see yet.  Okay, even better, I at least felt complacent that maybe I am taking this trip for a purpose.

I do have a good book and this will give me some time to simply enjoy sitting down and reading.  So, that feels even better than complacent.  Now, I am starting to touch on a feeling getting closer to peace with the situation.

All right, I’ll take peace for now.  End of conversation.  And deep breath!

I may not have been ecstatic about things but at least I was no longer bordering on that miserable feeling I had earlier.

Then, I also felt inspired to simply sit and observe.  Funny, I was ready to dive into my book but this feeling of just sitting and starting to “people-watch” wouldn't leave me.  And, knowing that we are all Divine beings at our core, I decided to spend some time “Divine-watching”.   Hmmm, maybe I can coin a new term!

As I sat and simply observed how each of us is doing the best we can, I realized that getting my mind to that place of “permanent happiness” is a step-by-step process.   And to get to that inner sense of certainty means I will need to be consistent in reaching for spiritual practices that give the power back to me.

In the past, I might have stayed in my story of how horrible the trip was going to be and moaned about it to a number of people.  This time around, I took a step back and asked, “What lesson can I learn from this?”

What I heard was, “Sandy, it is the job of the Universe to put you in places that will guide you to your highest and best good.  Trust me, I’ve got this.”
 
Okay, that was beautiful!  The Universe keeps trying to teach me to surrender.  And, I’m getting a little bit better each time, remaining grounded enough to realize maybe there’s something bigger going on here that I can’t yet see.

Believing that the Universe wants my best, I’m moving closer to being happy even when I’m thrust into a situation that challenges my feelings.  Will more of these situations come up?  Absolutely! 

I can only stay in tune with my soul’s purpose and remember to lean into the certainty that I am free to be happy, no matter what.  Everything else will fall into place. 

So, how do YOU break free from thoughts of unhappiness when life brings a challenging situation?


Today, I set the intention to see every situation of unhappiness as a reminder that things are not always what they seem and the dreams for my life are unfolding perfectly.


"It is far easier to teach the Truth than it is to practice It.  The practice of Truth is personal 
to each, and in the long run no one can live our life for us.  To hold one's thought 
steadfastly to the constructive, to that which endures, and to the Truth, may not
 be easy in a rapidly changing world, but to the one who makes the attempt
 much is guaranteed."  
~Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind

"I look with expectation to my next moment, which is fresh and new."  


Affirmative Prayer:
Radiant goodness, a powerful field of brilliance and a loving presence for healing - all contained in the one Infinite Spirit.  There is so much beauty in this Infinite Potential.  There is so much genius in this Divine Source, everywhere present in the here and now.  And there is a sacred essence of Creative Intelligence, unfolding perfectly.

I am one with this field of Intelligence, firm in the knowing I am whole, perfect and complete.  I am keenly aware of this Presence of Infinite Spirit expressing as me and I embrace the qualities of love and peace and health and beauty that are It's nature.  Always surrounded by the Divine Source of genius, I allow It to flow through me and I am new in each moment of the day.

Knowing it is Spirit's great pleasure to give me the kingdom, I welcome the creative urge that is calling me to transform my thoughts from those of unhappiness to those of joy and wonder and awe.  I hold onto these feelings as I make myself available for more good than I can imagine.  My dreams unfold beautifully in my life and I surrender to a Source that guides me to reap the benefits of those dreams.  I accept that things are not always what they seem, trusting that the Universe has my back. Any issues or challenges lead to discoveries of unlimited potential for greatness.  And I listen to the voice of Spirit that always tells me, "You are my beloved", claiming this as my truth.

I am so grateful for the presence of Spirit that supports my dreams for being all that I can be in this life.  I am thankful and celebrate my unique and special gifts and talents that are revealed in perfect, Divine timing.  And, I am filled with gratitude for the happiness that is at my core as I makes new choices from a place of peace. 

From this place of thanksgiving, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  It is a beautiful world and I see only possibilities for joy.  And I let it be so.  And so it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment