Friday, April 25, 2014

I Wouldn't Be At All Surprised If I Get What I Want!

"I promise myself...to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future."   As I go through the motions of examining my beliefs and working on changing them to new beliefs, the Optimist's Creed by Christian D. Larson, and this statement, jumped out at me.

It's been a great exercise for me to release old drama, forgive myself for past mistakes and make a decision to move forward.  Then, out of the blue, an old issue that I thought I had truly let go of comes back up to the surface.

What the heck!  I was so confident that I had forgiven myself and shelved thoughts of being a failure.

I heard someone mention recently that it may be that I have not yet learned the lesson I was supposed to receive working through the issue.  It might also be that my subconscious is not ready to make a big leap to what I have been affirming.

<sigh>  That sounds like a valid point.  I realize that I can't just simply say, "I don't believe this about myself anymore", and expect it to be gone.   But, when do I finally just let "stuff" go?

For example, I have been affirming that I am effectively self-employed, and I thought I had forgiven myself for a past failed business.  Yet, that memory of failure keeps nagging and my inner critic tells me that I already screwed it up once - what makes me think I will be successful the next time?

Thankfully, I became aware of another tool to use when working on transforming my beliefs.  It was in the April issue of Science of Mind magazine.  The tool was to specifically break down limited thinking.

Here it is.  If there is something highly unlikely that you would like to happen in your life, say "I would not be at all surprised if.... and then add whatever it is you are desiring to create.  In my case, it would be, "I would not be at all surprised if I became effectively self-employed within the next two months." (thanks to Bob Luckin for sharing this).

What a beautiful way to work through these mental blocks that I hang on to.  And it's wonderful trick to reframe beliefs that are keeping me from what I wish to create in my life.

I don't yet understand how these tools seem to work - but they do!  If nothing else, it raises my energy level from feeling down on myself as a failure to seeing potential for the future.  And, I'm sure that's the premise of the Optimist's Creed - to keep our mental attitude aiming for the highest and best future possible for us.

The Creed ends with "to live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me."  And there might be my lesson - forget the mistakes of the past and do the best that you can with what you have in this moment.

A magical life is waiting for each of us.  We just need to press on with our journey.

So, what are some tools that have worked for YOU to release past mistakes?  And what motivates YOU toward greater success in the future?

Today, I set the intention to remember that I am always taken care of by a Divine Source, releasing past mistakes and celebrating my achievements as they unfold.  


"If our experiences are the result of our thoughts, then the future, if it is going to be 
given birth to in the present, will be largely the lengthened shadow of the content of 
our minds, of our feelings of faith or fear.  It is no wonder that the future so seldom
 becomes better than the past, and often worse as pessimism takes the place of optimism. 
 We have to learn to speak an affirmative language."  

"Human beings are already gods, so why take on the consciousness and behavior
 of robotic, soulless slaves and machines?  Trust your Self, not the material mind;
 be fearless and go forth with enthusiasm and kindness."  


Affirmative Prayer:
As the trees sway in the wind and the flowers open up to receive the morning dew, there is the feeling of a Power of Good rooted firmly in this moment.  It is peace and harmony, compassion and love and this Power is never wavering but bends easily in the breeze to support and sustain all that is.

Right here, right now, this Power of Good moves through me and I accept that I am a Divine expression of Infinite Intelligence.  That is the truth of my being - perfect, whole and complete - as I claim my Oneness with the Universe, my Oneness with Spirit, my Oneness with Source.  

Knowing there is something great within me, I live my life with the faith that I am always provided for.  And as my greatness emerges a little more each day, I welcome the success that is revealed in my life.  My gifts and talents are brought to light and Divine guidance shows me the next steps for sharing my unique and beautiful abilities.  I let go of any self-imposed thoughts of lack or limitation and instead, I act like the enlightened, Spiritual being that I am.  Everything I need is in my hands right now and I simply need to reach out and live my purpose, believing that I am here for a magical life filled with joy and with fun!

Smiling at that thought, I am thankful for the greatness that is revealed as I do the best I can with what I know.  I am filled with deep gratitude for a Source of love that makes my decisions easy and my choices clear.   And I give thanks for my achievements each day as I stretch past the familiar and step into the new adventures and opportunities for expansion.

Breathing into that space of gratitude, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, into the One Mind, knowing it is already done.  I receive it right now!  And I let it be so.  And so it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment