Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Make The Practice Of Meditation YOURS!

In The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra writes, "Pure consciousness is pure potentiality; it is the field of all possibilities and infinite creativity."  To access this field of pure potentiality (the first spiritual law of success), we must meditate daily as well as go into the silence and simply BE.

As part of my daily spiritual practice, I had set a lofty goal to meditate for 30 minutes, twice a day, as the book recommended.  I was on a mission to discover the brilliance and the beauty that I had heard was found only through sitting in the quiet.

And, I was reaching for something that I believed was missing in my life - purpose.

For the first few weeks, it was amazing how centered I became as I learned to stop fidgeting and settled in to the silence.  I also discovered that I was coping better with events in my life that would have been stressful prior to my meditation practice.

I was so clear that there was a bigger picture for my life.  I did not need to fall into the petty disagreements that normally would have irritated me.   I skated right through a few of my daughter's emotional, dramatic outbursts and her subsequent outpouring of misery that used to suck me down into her "stuff".

Then, life stepped in and I no longer had the time to devote to meditating.  I kept telling myself that it was okay to take a break and that I wasn't a failure for not sticking to the commitment I had made.

And - I was feeling guilty every single day.

Fortunately, I had my eyes opened when reading The Power of Intention.   The book reminded me that everything in life is a process.  Life is not a series of goals to be accomplished but a journey to experience.   I haven't lost anything by not keeping up with my goal to meditate.  I just needed to redefine exactly what worked for ME.

I had such clarity with my time in the silence and I am still able access that at any time.  Rather than sitting still, however, I could choose to use an activity like walking the dog to tune into the wisdom that comes from meditating.  I could spend just five minutes a day, not 30 minutes, to get out of my 'thinking' self and into my 'quiet' self.

And, if I wanted to sit in the silence for longer periods of time, that was okay too.  It is NOT about the mission to do it "right" - it's about making time to connect to the source of possibility within.

What I know for sure is that I have permission to make my spiritual practice MINE.  I continue to meditate because it opens the door for the Universe to create in my life.  It opens up my life to its full potential.  THAT is what my heart is calling for.

So, how much time works for YOU to sit the stillness?  What are your expectations from time spent in meditation?  

Today, I set the intention to take responsibility for my meditation practice, choosing what feels right for me to connect to the field of possibility.


"I want to know God's thoughts....the rest are details."  

"Now remember this; you are the person; this is the place; now is the 
occasion; right here is the time; the word is in your own mouth; you are 
good enough; you know enough; you are spiritual enough."  


Affirmative Prayer:
Awakening to the magnificence of the new day, there is a recognition that there is only One.  One Divine Intelligence filled with beauty, with love, with joy and with peace.  This One Divine Mind surrounds all that is with good, always saying Yes!

As I move through my day, I am also surrounded by the all-good that is Life.  I am centered in the Divine Presence as It expresses through me.  And, I trust in the indwelling Spirit from which I am never separate, letting myself be guided as I tap into my intuition and into my heart.

Enthusiastically, I start each day connecting to the Divine Wisdom within by getting still.  I sit in expectancy of my good as I let the silence surround me with possibilities for my life.  I let go of any feelings that no longer serve me and instead choose happiness as I connect to my inner guidance in ways that are right for me.   I meditate, I contemplate, I pray - all are spiritual practices that bring a divine order to my life.  And I welcome the gifts that come my way, claiming my worthiness to receive the best that Life is bringing to me in every minute of the day.

I am so thankful to the Divine Presence within for my amazing life.  And I am grateful that I simply need to take a minute to be still and see that all is well.  I am filled with gratitude that something wonderful is being created as the Universe fills my world with infinite possibilities.

From this place of gratitude, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  It is divinely magnificent as I let it be so.  And so it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment