Friday, August 16, 2013

Inspiration in Relationships

As of next Saturday, I will be married for 11 years.  And - I am still in love with my husband.

Yes, it sounds obvious but, for me, it still feels a bit like the young love I experienced when we first started dating.  If you listen to race consciousness, you would think the wonder and freshness might have left the relationship.  Instead, I feel that I am on a journey of discovery.

Maybe that's why my marriage is still exciting for me - it's all about the journey.  Every day is an opportunity to express how I feel and rather than blame or judge, I have learned to choose to see the strength and the love instead.

So many of us hold out for that perfect dream man or woman.  They have to look a certain way, have a certain color hair, certain height, weight - and on and on.  While I agree that when you're searching for a relationship it's good to have an idea of the characteristics you find attractive, there is something in exploring the way you want to feel in the relationship.

And, that's when I say, don't be practical.  We all want to be loved but I'm holding out each day for the big, crazy, sexy, hairy, audacious love.

Love that is passionate.  Love that is empowering.  Love that is silly and filled with kisses.

The trick, I believe, is that I have to mirror that back.  First, I have to love myself enough to see that I deserve a relationship filled with the impractical possibilities I desire.  And, I have to FEEL it.

Then, I must ACT.  I have to open up and be silly and be passionate and maybe even a little reckless in how I express my love.  I'm not saying I want to be Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction but I love running and jumping into my husband's arms when he walks through the door.

I must also TRUST.  Every time I do something impulsive to show my love, I trust that my husband will accept and receive.  I'm never rejected nor made fun of nor told to stop.

The more I demonstrate my love for him, the more I am receiving back.  The more I accept and allow my husband's expressions of love, the more I am given.

That's the beauty of YOU being the person you want to be in relationship with.  Your partner will show up in those same amazing ways, reflecting back your thoughts and feelings.

My husband and I are connected on this journey.  We are creating a relationship that works.  And we both know, it's starts with us.

So, today, I set the intention to remain invigorated with my marriage and to fully express - no holds-barred - my love for my partner.

And I am loving my 21-Day Inspiration Challenge!

"We must be our own before we can be another's."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love.
It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.
~W. Somerset Maugham

Affirmative Prayer:
One life, One mind, One heart, revealing the perfect, whole and complete truth as Source Energy.  As this presence of Source radiates out, every atom, every cell, every tissue, every bone is touched and renewed in a beautiful circle of expression.

This expression has always been and will always be.  It is unlimited and moves through and as me in every stitch of my body and every pathway in my mind.  It moves the blood through my veins and pulsates with a life force that knows every aspect of me deeply.  It reveals the truth of who I am - a beloved child of the Universe, of Spirit, of God.  God in me and God as me - complete and harmonious.

Knowing how deeply I am loved, I reflect that love back in all of my relationships. I stand in awe and amazement as I see the God presence in all of my friends and acquaintances.  My children are gifts in my life and, as they move through the world as their own unique expression of Source, it is humbling and awe-inspiring at the same time.   

And, I jump for joy when I am with my husband.  My marriage is a true partnership filled with love and silliness, with passion and humor, with tenderness and joy and I am over-the-moon when I am near my husband.  There is a freedom to share and to touch and to giggle and grin, just like when we first met.  Butterflies move through my stomach at the thought of his touch and I am blown away as these feelings continue day in and day out.

I am so grateful for the goodness that I call God - grateful for the presence of Spirit in every fiber of my being.  Thank you, Universe, for the grace that moves through each and every one I see.  I am filled with gratitude that I get to be in relationship with others on this journey.  And I am thankful for the special relationship with my husband.  It moves me in beautiful and wonderful ways.

Resting in this truth, I release my word to the action of the Law, knowing it is already done in the One Mind.  It is revealed to me as my life unfolds and it is all just as it should be.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.  Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment