Monday, August 19, 2013

Inspiration in Financial Decisions

Financial decisions can be a challenge for me.  I don't know why, exactly, but they just are.  I love to shop and enjoy dining out, especially if it's something fun like a wine bar or live music is playing.  And, I can still enjoy these things while sticking to my budget.

I do have to admit, though, I have wine tastes on a beer budget.

So, it raises feelings of lack when I see others with no seeming concern over the cost of a night on the town.  Somehow, the freedom and the flow of money they enjoy seems to escape me.

I'm certain at some level, I have some lessons to learn.  And, I'm definitely on my way.  My husband has done a great job at working with me to make wise choices around where and how I spend my money.

I also know that God is my source.  I'm not really lacking for anything.  That said, I'd like to up it a notch!  Rather than the $10 bottle of wine, I'd like the freedom and funds to buy the $20 bottle, especially if it's a wine I really enjoy.

That goes for good food too.   A nice steak or a platter of oysters makes my mouth water.  But, I find that I have to choose things from the menu that fit my budget.  And clothing - what girl doesn't like a nice pair of designer jeans.

Since the Universe likes action, I've decided to take a closer look at where I'm spending my money.  I'm making a pros and cons list for items that might be considered a luxury or a comfort purchase.

As I go through the list, I'm counting on some guidance from Spirit to show me where the cost of what I'm paying versus the benefit I receive is out of whack.

Deep down, I know I am deserving of ALL good things.   What's interesting is my comfort level when I actually receive those good things.  I feel that I have to pay for the expensive things to enjoy them.

I have a circle of friends and acquaintances who give me opportunities to enjoy quality dining and drinking.  They are more than gracious and comfortable when it comes to picking up the tab.

So, do I just continue to allow the Universe to provide for me through my friends?  I do reciprocate when I have a chance  - treat a friend to a coffee or to lunch.   Is this just my ego showing up and I am being asked to release judgements around how my abundance is manifesting?

I'm sure as I continue with my list, my answer to theses questions will become self-evident.  In the meantime, I do the best I can from exactly where I am at right now.

Day 20 of my 21-Day Inspiration Challenge and I am inspired by the courage to make good financial decisions.

Counting on Divine Guidance, today I set the intention to open up to greater economic flow, even if that means giving up something I currently don't think I can live without. 

"If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego 
and the internal dialogue.  Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, 
the need to be approved, and the need to judge.  Those are the
three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be
aware of them every time they come up."

Affirmative Prayer:
One Power, One Presence, One Source, filled with goodness and beauty and truth.  It is the Living Spirit that illuminates the way and makes clear the path in each new day.   Knowing this, an awareness stirs from within that Heaven is here on Earth and I consciously become aware of the goodness and beauty and truth that rains down on me, through me and as me.

Affirming that I am always supported by this Power and Presence, I release that which no longer serves me.  And, I open up to the possibility of going from good to great.  Greater abundance and prosperity in every area of my life is my Divine birthright.  It is always available and I simply need claim it.  Knowing that God is my Source, I trust that it is grace that oversees my finances, guiding me to make wise choices.  And in this wisdom, as I circulate within my current means, the flow returns back to me multiplied 10 x 10 x 10 times.  Financial gain pours over me and I freely share that which I have been given.  

Thank you, God, for Your fullness that supports and sustains my abundance.  I am grateful for the prosperity that flows so easily through all that is and I sit expectantly, unable to control the feelings of joy and happiness that fill my heart.  I am thankful for the blessings that shower down and around, affirming it is even better than I can imagine.

And I release my word to the Divine action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  It is already so in the One Mind.  All is well.  And so it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment