Friday, August 2, 2013

Inspiration in a Penny

I'm into Day 3 of my Inspirational Challenge and I realize that I have a pretty good life.  *Well, most of the time I realize it.*   Sometimes, I get caught up in "poor me, why do I have to stick to a budget?"  or "I wish I had a new car like that Lexus over there."

As I go down that path, It's usually about then that I stumble on something that reminds me of how much I really do have.  Often, its when I have not been as diligent as I should in some of my spiritual practices.

This morning I was reminded about gratitude by a TED Talk.  I've included it here and it truly was the best five minutes I've spent this week.  I especially love the story of Scarlett, the dog that was rescued from being used as bait at dog fights.  She is grateful every time her water bowl is filled.

If I can stop and remember moments like that, I believe the Universe will rush up to meet me and give me even more to be grateful for.

So, my intention for today is to remember to be grateful for everything in my life.


Affirmative Prayer:
God, Source, Universe - all are the Indwelling Presence that moves through and surrounds each and every thing - the trees, the flowers, the sun, the moon, the stars.  This Presence that sings over all that is, also sings over me and every person who shares this planet.  It is a beautiful, sweet voice of joy and love, of harmony and grace.  It reverberates and echoes like the strains of a symphonic orchestra, each note and instrument in perfect alignment.

As I am filled with the passion of the symphony of music playing over me, I realize I have so much to be grateful for.  Each morning, I wake and am aware of my breath, my heartbeat, my vision - all working with no effort required by me.  There is a plentitude of water and food, of warm blankets and a soft bed.  Knowing there is abundance even in the small things, I remember to be grateful when I find a penny on the street or a friend makes me laugh at her jokes.  

Thank you, Father/Mother God, for guiding me and guarding me.  I am grateful for the gentle corrections that allow me to shine brighter.  Affirming it's all good, I release my Word to the action of the Law, knowing that God's got it!  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

My dog, Cody...

No comments:

Post a Comment