Thursday, July 18, 2013

Take Time To See The Sacredness

Most of us live in a hurry-up world, myself included.  I will rarely let myself take time for regular decompression.  Even while on vacation in Mexico recently, I had a schedule of yoga/beach volleyball/walk down the beach/etc. (okay, I did make some time to enjoy happy hour, however, even that was at a set time).

Not only that, but we live in a world with information overload as well.  With the news and reality TV and gossip among friends and all of the social media chatter, it's enough to drive us a bit crazy at times.

On the flip side, if we're not caught up in our busy-ness, we start to feel less-than.  If I'm NOT tackling an item on my to-do list, I'm NOT being productive and how can I be successful?  How can I feel good about myself if I'm not DOing?

Is there a way to remove myself from all of it to avoid an emotional meltdown?

For me, there are two things I have done to help make space between the noise and the chaos and to channel the angst.

First, I have made a promise to myself to take at least five minutes each day to see the sacredness in just one thing.  That's it - only five minutes to admire one thing in all of creation and recognize what is wonderful and beautiful and magnificent about it.

Then, I must keep my word to myself.  There is no, "I'll try", there is only "do it".  And in doing it, I am actually moving out of doing anything at all.  I am allowing myself to feel, to connect to the gift of just BEing.

What I have found is when I start this practice and keep it up consistently, after about two weeks, I am comfortable with the BEing and pretty soon I'm taking 10-15 minutes (or longer) to enjoy the hummingbirds and the breeze blowing through the trees and even the fountain in the front of my condo complex.

AND, I'm not beating myself up for taking the time.  I have let it be okay and it has been essential in re-connecting to my true nature.

What's really fascinating is that as I rest in the time I give myself, my life seems to get easier.   Perhaps that is where the true gift is.

So, today I set the intention to allow myself some down-time to be quiet and to flow with the ease I receive in return.

Affirmative Prayer:

There is an abundant flow in the Universe that knows no limits, only expansion of love and beauty and grace.  As I notice this flow, I am attuned to its unity with me, moving in and through and around me.  It is deep and it is rich and I go effortlessly where the deepness and the richness lead me.

With total faith in the Source that supports me, I thrive as I let myself get quiet and enjoy the abundance of the Universe - the flowers that are always blooming, the birds that are always singing.  I love myself enough and I am loved enough that as I make the time, my life gets easier in every area.  Prosperity in all things shows up in my life, overflowing as the good ripples out beyond just me as I harmonize with others.

Holding this consciousness of good and affirming the love in this moment, I am grateful for the natural state of happiness I have been given.  There is nothing that can drag me down and I give thanks for the confidence that I can take time for BEing and, in return, receive so much back.

And as I trust in the myriad of ways that I am guided, I release my Word to the action of the Law, knowing it is already done in the Mind of the One.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment