Monday, July 15, 2013

Action Steps for Self-Empowerment

There is a lot of energy given to stress in our lives.  Most of it, I've noticed, is really around our beliefs and how they create what we perceive.  Take money, for example.  If I believe that money is the root of all evil or that I never have enough, I tend to live my life stressed over how I will pay for rent, food, clothing, etc.

When the brakes go out on my car and it's going to cost $300 that I don't really have, I habitually respond with feelings of fear and I start hoarding things that I do have.  And, I play the hand-to-my-forehead "poor me" act.

So how can I create some healthy habits in my life to change my perception?  How do I take back my power when I slip and fall back into old behavioral patterns?

I gave this some considerable thought and with a knowing that all I need I have inside of me right now, I came up with four tips for my self-empowerment.

Give myself some kindness.

There are days when I look back and realize I could have done things differently.  I could have stayed with my Communications major in college and have my dream job, I could have put the money from the sale of my condo into some good investments, I could have paid off my car instead of going on vacation to Mexico.

Tip:  I recognize now that IT IS what IT IS.  In fact, I say it out loud to myself - it is what it is -  sometimes in front of my mirror and I feel the feelings that show up.  Then, I make the conscious decision to be gentle with myself and love who I am and where I am right now.  I align my energy with comfort and forgiveness and I affirm "Yes, I am LOVE and Yes, I am LOVED and I am WORTHY of being kind to myself.

Be realistic.

A sculptor does not jump from a piece of clay to a finished product in five minutes.  He/she takes the time to mold and work with the clay over a period of time.  Life, like the clay, is evolutionary and we need to go for progress, not always perfection.  When I trained for my first half-marathon, I didn't go from running 2 miles a few days a week to running 13 miles in 2 hours within one week.  It took months of training and at the end of the training, on race day, I was prepared and had a great time because I was realistic about what it was going to take.

Tip:  Learn to recognize what is and what is NOT in my control and be patient with the process.  Even more than that, I turn control over to the Universe and I keep my focus on my desire, taking action steps as I am guided by my intuition.  When I do that, my path lights up!  I may not become a millionaire overnight, however, I have a realistic budget I can stick to and in doing that, I'm noticing the Universe is providing more and more ways for unexpected income to show up.

Keep things in perspective and have fun.

We all have difficulties that come up.  That's just how life it.  And we can brood or be resentful and let upset rule the day.  We also have people in our life that will try to take us out of our joy.  Or, WE try to please others to the point of unhappiness with our own life.

Tip:  Break out the crayons!  Seriously, there is something to being like a child that interrupts the pattern.  And, while I'm coloring or hula-hooping or bouncing a ball, I ask the question, "Is it really that big of a deal?"   Now, Spirit has the opportunity to show me how to take my current challenging experience and provide solutions.   I am also mindful of who I let into my life.  My intention for my life is to move through the world in joy and bliss and I will not let in people who move me out of that intention.  I consciously make time for fun and choose who I have fun with and I let it be okay - no judgement.

Exercise

When the stressors of life pop up and I'm feeling less than powerful, a favorite option of mine is to simply take a break.  Exercise has always been a part of my life and beyond just strengthening my physical body, it has improved my mental self-talk as well.  I  lose the critical chatter and it becomes easy to use powerful "I AM" statements AND to believe them.

Tip:  Make time to take regular breaks.  I know, I know - with work and all the multi-tasking that we do, it seems tough.  Even if the break is just a 5-minute power walk or some simple stretching, it's really important for our self-care and self-empowerment to just start doing it.

By implementing these tips in my life, for me, I am seeing my life start to change.  This is a feeling Universe and I am co-creating my human experience.  When I FEEL empowered, I am manifesting more of the life I desire.  I am creating a stronger experience of ME.

And every day, I am made new.

Affirmation:

"Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart,
the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts,
for out of them will grow delightful conditions, all heavenly environment;
of these if you but remain true to them, your world will at last be built."



No comments:

Post a Comment