Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Inspiration in Laughter

Yesterday, I set a daily challenge for myself to find something inspiring for the next 21 days, no matter how insignificant.  I woke up this morning thinking about it and contemplating my choice for Day One.  It's true that sometimes getting started is the hardest part.

After some time, I put it aside to see what developed during the day.  While I was listening to Michael Beckwith's show on Hay House Radio, he took a caller and had some feedback causing an echo of his voice when they talked.

It turns out that being on speakerphone was creating the feedback and at that moment, Michael laughed and, for whatever reason, his laugh made me smile.  Then, his comment is what really sealed the deal.  He said, "I like myself but I don't need to hear myself twice."

And he laughed again.  I can't explain it but there was something in that moment that inspired me to find more things to smile and laugh about.

Rather than be irritated by the static and annoyed with fixing the issue, he chose laughter.  I suppose there's a reason he's a great guru - he's learned to apply the principles that he teaches.  Imagine that!

Last night, I came across a funny meme that I shared with my Facebook friends, specifically calling out my husband since he would appreciate the truth in it.   I'm posting that as my picture here as well to remind me to keep on laughing.  And, to move through life's challenges using laughter as medicine.

One other tip that I learned from Rev. Michael's show that I feel called to share since it also resonated with me.  The caller was struggling with depression after the failure of his business and was in a downward spiral.

The advice given was to start affirming angrily.  WHY do I have such a successful business?  WHY does money just keep showing up for me?  WHY are my relationships so filled with love and joy?

I love it!  Switch up the emotion and don't try to fool yourself.  Don't let the resentment run you, you use the anger - you take back control.

There are probably other benefits from using this approach and I'm looking forward to seeing them manifest.

Affirmation:
"The child in you, like all children, loves to laugh, to be around people 
who can laugh at themselves and life.  Children instinctively know 
that the more laughter we have in our lives, the better."
~Wayne Dyer




No comments:

Post a Comment