Friday, November 28, 2014

Have a Beautiful Weekend



Since a theme of gratitude seems to weave it's way through every TED talk I've enjoyed, I decided to share a few of my favorites this weekend.  I spent time this week reflecting on everything I am grateful for and it was beautiful and humbling to see my list.  I hope you all have many things to be grateful for, and if you have only one or two things on your list, know that it is enough to start there.  Have a great weekend...


"In a piece of music, it's the pause or the rest that gives the piece its beauty and its shape." ~Pico Iyer

"Love is in us. It's deeply embedded in the brain. Our challenge is to understand each other." ~Helen Fisher

"It's unbelievably important for us to really test our listening skills, to use our bodies as a resonating chamber." ~Wade Davis

"People are so afraid of variety that they try to fit everything into a tiny box with a very specific label." ~Rosie King

"Why 'follow your passion' can be terrible career advice." ~Mike Rowe

"Hard choices are precious opportunities for us to become the distinctive people that we are." ~Margaret Heffernan


Photo courtesy of Luz Adriana Villa/Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment