Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Why Is This Such A Struggle?

Why were we so eager to move away from Verizon for cell phone coverage?  That's the question I'm asking after two days of waiting to get my new iPhone 6 activated.

For me, I feel like we jumped ship too quickly.  For Kevin, it's a new toy to compliment his Apple TV and, of course, his phone was activated this morning on our new carrier.

HE wants to make the switch and I am the one feeling frustrated.  He's calmly going through the motions of the purchase and the activation and the learning curve and I'm complaining and feeling like my blood pressure is going through the roof.

I'm ready to hash it out and he's asking if I can help him get Audible working again.  Breathe, Sandy, breathe......

And just that quickly, I realized that it was very likely ME creating this chaos.  I'd forgotten one of my basic spiritual practices - to visualize and see events how I would like them to be.

I never took the time BEFORE we started this process to see it going easily and effortlessly.

I never felt the feelings of peace through the change.

And, I never gave thanks and felt gratitude that we're prosperous enough to have new, amazing technology without a second thought.

<Sigh> lesson learned.  My craziness does nothing at all to help.

So, I'm off to go for a walk with the dog and to turn this around.  It's a beautiful day and I need to make amends with myself and trust that everything really is okay.

So where are you focusing on the obstacles rather than seeing things the way you want them to be?

Today, I set the intention to remember that what I focus on is what I create and I have the power to create experiences that are positive and beautiful and work for everyone.


"Every problem has a gift for you in its hands."  

"See only what you wish to experience and look at nothing else."  
~Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind


Affirmative Prayer:
In the quiet of this moment, there is the recognition of a freedom of the soul that is Divine Spirit.  It is the vibrant Intelligence of Source that awakens all that is to the possibilities of life.  It is a Creative Wisdom that transforms each step into one of power and strength, of happiness and joy.

This same vibrant Intelligence also exists within me and I remain open to guidance of the Universe.  I am the joy and happiness of Spirit expressing as me in all of my daily activities.  Just as the summer breeze blows through the trees, I am gently and softly surrounded by Divine Grace that moves my steps forward in perfect ways.  And I see that I live and move and have my being in the unconditional love of God.

Accepting the truth of my natural Spiritual brilliance, I am filled with self-kindness and self-compassion, even in the face of seeming struggles.  I welcome the learning that comes from each experience as I make mistakes that provide beautiful life lessons.  Closing my eyes to what is no longer working, I open my heart to the knowing that I have the power to create a perfect day, month, & year.  My world is expanding in amazing ways as I take the time to visualize how I would like my life events to be, filled with peace and grace.  I revel in the courage of my inner strength that says I am worthy of the abundant life that is emerging.  And I affirm that I am open to receiving my highest and best good as I go with the flow of the Universe.

Embracing my inner wisdom, I am filled with gratitude for the way events manifest in my life as I take the time to visualize.  I am thankful for Source that tells me I am deserving of the happiness and the prosperity that uplifts me.  And I am grateful for the gifts that pour down on me as I move through problems with ease.

Surrendering to Spirit's love, I release this prayer to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done and I am guided perfectly.  The best things are always happening to me!  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Trekking Rinjani/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment