Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Better Way To Forgive

I am always at choice as to how I respond to someone else's behavior.  And - I can believe that I have even drawn some people into my life for an experience that will require forgiveness.

But, sometimes, while I do know that forgiveness, in the long run, is really for me, I still am challenged by the rituals required to look past a hurt or grievance that was done to me.  

Maybe the problem is that I am pushed and prodded toward forgiveness practices as the ONLY way to heal my soul.  Do I need to work at forgiveness?  Do I need to practice it regularly?

Instead, why can't I just let it go?  

When I am offended by someone's hurtful comments, do I need to work at seeing them as a perfect reflection of Spirit?   Or can I just release it?

When I have been insulted and belittled, do I need to practice praying for their highest and best, knowing they are doing the best they can?  Or can I simply let it go?

When I have been disappointed in the outcome at work or in a relationship, do I need to silently wish them well, knowing they have no idea they hurt my feelings?  Or can I just let it be?

Perhaps, it's ME who can go beyond the limits of my conditioning, entrenched in the race consciousness that forgiveness work is the ONLY way to be set free.   I have learned the lesson that it does me no good to hold onto anger.  So I let it go.

I realize that my vulnerability, in some cases, opens me up to possible hurtful experiences.  And so, I can let it go.

I am not compelled toward lengthy forgiveness practices, though there are times when the ritual of it does let me see things differently.  But - I'm not stuck there.   I acknowledge the hurt.  And I let it go.  No demands.  No judgements.

So, what are YOUR thoughts?  Do you need forgiveness rituals or can you just let it go?

Today, I set the intention to remember that I am always at choice when I am feeling hurt or betrayed,  and to simply let it go.


"It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including
 the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed."  

"The truth is more important than the facts."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In the serenity of this moment, there is an awareness of the One Divine Wisdom.   It whispers through the tress and sings as sweetly as the birds; a beautiful melody of love, of peace, and of grace.  This Divine Wisdom is also within me, guiding me through life as It expresses as me with each breath that I take.  And I am awake to the Presence of Spirit that renews my soul and nourishes my heart.  I am joy and happiness.  I am prosperity and abundance.

Listening to the inner voice, I turn toward forgiveness and welcome the ease with which I can let things go.  I do not need to know why or how or what the reason for the hurt and heartache are.  I remember that feelings of anger do not serve me and I release them with a knowing that I am always loved.  Just as the sun rises each morning, so to does Spirit tell me that I am the beloved, filled with grace. I welcome the wisdom of the Divine that shows me the way forward in every moment.  And I accept my destiny of good, trusting that the highest and best available is seeking me just as I seek it.

I am so grateful for the wisdom of the Divine that allows me to simply flow with each experience.  I am thankful that in letting go of hurt or anger, my heart is renewed and perfect.  And I am filled with gratitude for the unconditional acceptance of exactly who I am, a spiritual being having a human experience.

Seeing the best in Life, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done and made manifest in amazing ways.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment