Friday, June 13, 2014

Why Your Relationship With Money Matters

When I take time to understand my overall relationship with money, my finances usually seem to change for the better.  I've worked through some limiting beliefs over the past few years and gotten rid of the "rich people suck" thought pattern.  And, I no longer make money SO important that it interferes with my relationships.

But - now that I have taken a sabbatical from work, I'm becoming very conscious of my cash.  With the awareness that where I focus my thoughts is what will manifest in my life, I don't want to create the space for lack or scarcity mentality to overtake me.  So, I reached for Eric Butterworth's book, Spiritual Economics.  He has a chapter that talks about Work and the Success Syndrome.

"How easy and yet how mistaken it is to be influenced by the 'another day, another dollar' syndrome.  Let your work, whatever it may involve, be an outworking of the creative flow, engaged in through the sheer joy of fulfilling your divine nature.  You will prosper and you should do so, but it will not be because you have 'made money' in your job."

What that means to me is, even though I don't have a job, as I focus my time on activities that fulfill my heart's desire and as I treat my volunteer work as my 'job', I will prosper financially.  It seems strange that while I may not be receiving a paycheck, all of my needs are met.

And, if I have faith and trust that the Universe is my source, what emerges are the miracles and blessings that I very likely missed before I took a leap of faith.

No doubt, being jobless takes a little bit of courage each morning that I wake up and realize that I am free to do as I choose (mostly).  But the more I feel financially supported within, the more I see my abundance expressed and returned to me beyond what I even imagine.

 It seems I'm taking my relationship with money to the next level.  And it feels good - no regrets!

So, what is YOUR relationship with money like?  Are you 'making money' from your job?

Today, I set the intention to see the abundance that is all around me, grateful that my relationship with money is healthy and my finances are thriving!


"It is a beautiful insight dealing with prosperity as a divine flow from within.  
When you work in the right consciousness, when your work becomes organically
 a part of your whole self, and when you do your work out of that commitment,
 no matter what other people do, no matter what the compensation may be, 
doing it for the health of your own soul, then you open the door by which
 the affluence of the Universe flows forth into your life."  
~Eric Butterworth, Spiritual Economics

"If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, then you should quit 
your job and go sit at the Temple and beg alms from those who work with joy."  


Affirmative prayer:
Watching the clouds float in the sky and requiring no effort whatsoever, there is the recognition of a pure Divine Power that sustains all of life.  It is joy that is as bright as the sunshine, it is happiness reflected in the beauty of a summer day.  And, it is the unlimited potential of the Divine Creator of hopes and dreams that makes all things possible.

Knowing I am one with the One Divine Power, I look within to a place that is pristine and perfect.  It is a place of overflowing abundance that requires only allowing and acceptance.  It is a place of strength and sustenance that overflows with unconditional love.  I celebrate my unity with Infinite Intelligence as I spread my arms and let every space be filled with joy and laughter.

Holding on to the joy and laughter, I embrace my worthiness to receive the abundance that reaches out to meet me.  I let go of any limitations to my good and I welcome the richness that invades my life.  Prosperity takes over as Spirit guides my steps and I feel the affluence in my bones.  I claim the Divine blessings that are so much more than I can imagine as my relationship with money thrives.  And I affirm that life is so good and getting better with every sunrise that begins the new day.

As Divine Grace enfolds me, I am filled with deep, profound gratitude for the miracles and blessings that prosper my life.  I am thankful that my way is lit with such love and amazing beauty as I receive the bounty of good that is God's great pleasure to give.  And I am grateful for the certainty that as I wake each day, I am financially supported in real and tangible ways.

Affirming my worthiness, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I am supported and empowered to stand strong in the Divine flow from within.  And I let it be so.  And so it is!

Photo courtesy of Trey Ratcliff/Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment