Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Do You Teach People To Treat You With Love?

When you become mindful of YOUR role in relationships, it will magnify every move you make.  As I take my own advice and pay attention to my relationships, what has become clear is that we teach people how to treat us.

So, as I point fingers and lay the blame at others feet OR as I wield my sword in an effort to convince people to do things my way, they learn that it's okay to attack back and, often, they cross the line in arguments and disagreements and become the bigger bully than me.

It's interesting what shows up when we make the decision to start focusing attention in a certain area.  For me, I never realized that I could be the catalyst of escalating arguments in an effort to direct things the way I think they should go - until now.  

Now that I've noticed this truth about me, I have the opportunity to stop and lay down my sword and instead, simply stand firm in my power.  I can still have a backbone when it comes to expressing my opinions.  But - I could be a kinder, gentler version of me when something needs to be hashed out.

There is always a dance between the spiritual side of me and the human side of me.  And, I believe it's being aware of this dance that allows me to grow.

Just because I am a spiritual being does not mean that I have to let people put unreasonable demands on me.  It's okay for me to say no.  And just because my human side seems "bad" sometimes, it surfaces so I can change and evolve and work out why I am triggered in some areas of my life.

It's ultimately about clarity.  And as I break the cycle of what people have been taught about how to treat ME, it's quite possible that I am helping others gain some insight about how THEY are being treated.  Funny how the Universe works - there's usually a lesson for everyone in these shared experiences.

As I continue to stand in my power, in every moment, I need to be mindful of what I am allowing to happen in my relationships.  The more I stay mindful, the more I will experience relationships that are filled with peace; where I can clear the air with someone else coming from a place of love and NOT control.

It is something I am willing to work on, that's for sure!

So, what in YOUR relationships are you teaching people about how to treat you?  And are you willing to make a change if you'd like a different experience?

Today, I set the intention to be willing to take a different approach in my relationships, dropping my sword and choosing a peaceful path to working things out.


"At the end of each day, you should play back the tapes of your performance.  
The results should either applaud you or prod you."  

"Give the gift of unconditional love. Allow others to be who they are
 with no conditions or desires to change them.  Find joy and peace
 in the differences of everyone.  Purify your life, and forgive with no expectations."  


Affirmative Prayer:
Consciously allowing my heart to open, there is the recognition of a Divine Presence that is the life force of all that is.  It is a loving Infinite Intelligence that is always present, supporting and activating possibilities for the brilliance in all things.  It is Divine Wisdom that is patience and kindness, mercy and grace, beyond what can even be imagined.

How wonderful for this moment and the knowing that all that is within the One Infinite Power is also within me.   I am becoming more of who I am as I embrace the sacred presence of the Divine Life that sustains me and loves me unconditionally.  At my core, I am strength and harmony and peace and I am transformed as Source expresses Itself as me in every minute of the day.

Allowing Spirit to move through me, I accept the joy that fills all of my relationships as I see the presence of Spirit in everyone I share this life with.  I wake up to the knowing that in every moment I can choose to be love and let go of anger, I can choose wisdom and let go of jealousy, and I can choose beauty and let go of hatred.  I start my day in faith and trust that I simply need to take one step at a time, just as a small child learns to walk, and I am guided in every small step that I take.  I am supported joyfully by a Source that knows only good and I welcome the optimism that allows me to see that good is everywhere I look.  I teach people how to treat me from a place of love and I see that love reflected in the healing and transformation of other's relationships.  

Centering in the joy and happiness that is always available, I am filled with thanks for the Divine guidance that lights my way.  I am deeply grateful for the amazing relationships that are unfolding as I gain clarity in how I treat others and how they, in turn, treat me.  I am thankful for the transformation of my life as I grow through my experiences and evolve into a more balanced spiritual being have a human existence.

Remaining in that feeling tone of gratitude, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I am already that which I desire.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Dr. Azzacov/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment