Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dive Deep Into The Stillness

"When you contemplate the nature of Self, you are meditating.  That is why meditation is the highest state.  It is the return to the root of your being, the simple awareness of being aware.  Once you become conscious of the consciousness itself, you attain a totally different state.  You are now aware of who you are."  ~Michael Singer, the untethered soul

I'm convinced that has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever read.  In part, that's because, of all of my spiritual practices, meditation has to be the most challenging for me.

I often feel like that scene from Eat, Pray, Love where Julia Roberts is trying meditation for the first time in the temple.  She fidgets and watches the time and gets frustrated at trying to sit so still.  Of course, the revelation for her comes when she chooses to focus her meditation time on contemplation of how she can serve someone else.

That is when the magic unfolds for her.  And, that is what speaks to me most about what Michael Singer wrote.

When I spend time in contemplation, rather than trying to quiet my mind, I come out of my meditation feeling so much closer to Spirit.  And, when I focus my awareness on my conscious thought and simply notice the thoughts as they occur, I start to get to the root of who I am.

I've also noticed that when I focus my awareness, I can listen more deeply for the answer to my questions.  So as I contemplate who I am and how I might serve or how I can uncover my gifts and talents, my intuition feels heightened.  Time seems to slow and sometimes, I get a visceral feeling like I am truly connected to Source.

The good news I'm starting to recognize is that, as I come out of contemplation and go about my day, I can more easily tap into my heart when I need to make a decision.

In fact, I believe that is EXACTLY what is happening in my life right now.  Last week, I made the decision to leave my job and take a break.  It's definitely a leap of faith but I've had no real feelings of concern (only one noticeable "yikes" moment last week).

My heart feels light and I'm seeing opportunities to volunteer and contribute pop up out of the blue.  And each day that I take the time to connect through contemplation of Self, I feel that my life is transforming into something so much more meaningful for me.

So, I keep practicing this 'most' every morning. My favorite question to ask in contemplation this week has been "How does it get any better than this?"

As I go about my day just noticing and being aware, I can start to see evidence of how it IS getting better.  And as I see the evidence, I ask the question again; "How does it get any better than this?"

What does the Universe answer?   Something even better than I imagined possible...

So what are some questions YOU can contemplate during a time of stillness?  And, do you trust your own intuition when you get the answers?

Today, I set the intention to make time to contemplate the nature of Self, becoming more of myself in the process and trusting the guidance of my heart as I make choices.

"The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness."  ~Lao-Tzu

"One of the great saints, Ramana Maharishi, used to ask, 'Who am I?' We see now 
that this is a very deep question.  Ask it ceaselessly, constantly.  Ask it and you will 
notice that you are the answer.  There is no intellectual answer - you are the answer.
  Be the answer, and everything will change."  

Affirmative Prayer:
As the crescendo of this day grows stronger, it culminates in the knowing that there is only One Life.  A Divine Perfect, Truth that is harmony and grace, love and gratitude.  It is an awe-inspiring Divine Intelligence that energizes each moment with power and perfection.  And it is an Infinite Presence that creates everything out of Itself.

Sensing and embracing this truth, my heart and my soul celebrates that this Divine Life yearns to express through me and as me.  I surrender to the Infinite Intelligence that I call God and awaken to living a life inspired by faith and trust.  And I am clear that I am guided daily by a Divine Power simply by saying Yes! to the realization that I am One with Source.

As I step into a life designed to reveal the Divine Source within me, I make the time to be quiet and listen for answers.  I ask questions like "How does it get any better than this?" and Spirit says, "This way, follow me."  I let go of any thoughts of lack or limitation and allow my desires full reign to out-picture in my life.  And as I follow my intuition, the richness and opulence of the Universe is laid out for the pure enjoyment of it.  Seeing the results of my consciousness of Oneness unfold in beautiful ways, I welcome the continuing exploration of who I truly am - a spiritual being having a human experience.

Surrendering to the perfect mind of Spirit at my center, I am deeply grateful for the unfolding of the highest and greatest good that life has to offer me.  I am thankful for the insights that I receive daily as I remain open at the top.  And I am filled with gratitude for the richness and opulence that remind me that all of my needs are met, right here and right now.

From a place of awareness of my good, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I know exactly who I am!  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Trey Ratfcliff/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment