Thursday, December 26, 2013

You'll Never Know Until You Try

I'll never know until I try.  That mantra keeps going through my head and I'm feeling a calling to be like Alice in Wonderland.  I need to step into the rabbit hole and stop playing it safe.

It's almost as though I'm remembering something important about myself that I've forgotten.  It's so easy to get caught up in adult responsibilities - going to work, paying the bills, buying more "stuff".

But - what if I could prosper and thrive by being more like a child and using my imagination to create my reality?  There are new treasures my soul is longing to discover.  I can feel it move through me like a wave of energy, building momentum every day.

And - just like Alice chased the rabbit throughout Wonderland, I'll need to chase the ideas to discover my true abundance.

The key, for me, will be to let go of the need to be perfect before I put myself out there for others to see.  I will need to accept myself for exactly who I am, exactly where I am.

The challenge of doing things perfectly showed up recently while I was practicing my flute.  It has been YEARS since I've played and I'm very rusty - VERY rusty.

After 30 minutes of failed attempts to hit certain notes, I was berating myself for my awkwardness.  I grew up playing flute and I should have this down, regardless of how long it's been since I've played.

All I could think in that moment - I'll never be good enough to play in front of other people.  Thank goodness for The Course In Miracles.  I stopped, took a breath, and asked "how can I see this differently"?

The answer came quickly - Google.  I searched for "flute emboucher".   A number of results came up including YouTube videos of master classes by James Galway.  I grabbed my flute and started practicing the tips he gave.  What a difference that 5-minute lesson made.

My aim, now, is to work with the videos and find a good flute instructor who can guide me.  I may never be "perfect", however, I am loving the time I get to spend practicing and I am REALLY loving how much better I am sounding.

My new goal is to get good enough to perform again.  Because - I'll never know how my life might unfold even better than I can imagine unless I try.

So, I set the intention today to surrender the need for perfection and to embrace the path that is unfolding as I try new things.


"Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it.  
Boldness has genius and power and magic in it."  

"To embark on this glorious challenge, you must leave
 the known and jump away from the familiar, the status quo,
 to discover who you truly are and can be."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In the stillness and quiet of this moment, there is a beauty that flows around all that is.  It is filled with wisdom and with love and it is a Divine Presence that is the essence of life itself.  It is ever present, revealing and expressing as the One Life, amazing and dazzling in Its brilliance.

Breathing in this brilliance, I embrace this Presence as it moves through and around and as me.  I am a perfect expression of Divine love and Divine wisdom and I let my heart be filled with Its peace and glory and grace.  I close my eyes and know that I can never be separate from this Intelligence that exists within me.

And as I open my eyes, there is knowing that my natural state is perfection - my natural state is confidence - my natural state is abundance and prosperity and joy.  I let go of any fear that might hold me back from sharing my gifts and talents with others.  I let go of any worry that I might not be good enough.  Instead, I claim that I am Divinely guided down a path that supports me as I try new things.  I claim that the right and perfect experiences align with my journey as God expressing as Sandy.  I hold the consciousness of faith and hope and know that miracles are occurring every day as I make the choice to step boldly into the light and shine.

Leaning into this feeling, I am so grateful for the miracles and blessings that prosper my life, that support me to live fully and completely.  And I am thankful that my unique gifts and talents are the Truth of who I am - a spiritual being having a human experience.  I am filled with gratitude for the knowing of a Source that calls me Beloved in every minute of the day and night.

From this place of gratitude, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done, it is already made manifest in brilliant and amazing ways.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment