Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Aligning Routine With Spontaneity

I have been riding on the party vibes of my birthday for the past few weeks.  It was a fun few weeks and very energizing, considering it means I'm another year older.  I allowed myself to enjoy anything that caught my attention - trip to Washington State, late night happy hour, playing Cards Against Humanity, shopping trips at the mall.

Unfortunately, my enthusiasm for saying yes has left me feeling a bit overwhelmed.  So, I'm throwing out the last of the party cake and tossing out the lingering cards and empty boxes.  Truth be told, I'm ready to step back into more of a routine and relax in my everyday rituals.

Meditation, journaling, walking the dog, exercise - all of them have me remembering to breathe and connect back to my source, to Spirit.

But - what my "party" time has allowed me to see is that life is all about God expressing and experiencing as our life, right now.  We are Spiritual beings having a human incarnation, as Michael Beckwith likes to say.   It is in living and stepping into the things that call to us in the moment that we expand our connection to each other and our connection to the Universe.

Our journey's here are intertwined and it is often through synchronicity and coincidence that I am propelled to my next level of opportunity.  Sometimes, it's just for the experience of fun or joy or compassion so that when I need to tap into that energetic feeling, I can remember.

Other times, it truly is through the connections I've made with others that I find an even better job, meet a soul mate, or make the introduction that might be life-changing for someone else.

So, while I need the routine to take a breathe and recharge, I also embrace my free-spirited nature for the gift that it is.

Claiming my free-spirited nature as part of my purpose here, I set the intention today to enjoy my journey, balancing the routine days with spontaneity in perfect ways for me.


"Be like a sponge when it comes to each new experience.  If you want
 to be able to express it well, you must first be able to absorb it well." 
 ~Jim Rohn

"Waste no more time talking about great souls and how
 they should be.  Become one yourself!"  
~Marcus Aurelius


Affirmative Prayer:
In the awareness of this moment, there is a light that shines as Spirit, bringing a warmth and a newness to all that is.  It is a Power for good that illuminates possibility and awakens the magnificence that is the Indwelling Presence of God.

Feeling the warmth and the newness of Spirit, I let It spread through me as my life now.    I allow Source to pull me into the experience of the journey, knowing It is guiding and sustaining me from a place of love and of peace.  I am made new in each moment, in each breathe, in each heartbeat.

Restored by the newness, I know perfect right action for every choice I make in my life.  I step into my journey, sitting in expectation of the beauty of the outcome, trusting that each person I meet is for a purpose.  I let go of any past hurts or wounds and embrace only the now.  I lean into the spontaneous moments, attracting people and situations that propel me into opportunities that look like miracles and answered prayer.  And I bless the routine moments of my day, accepting the gifts that they bring as part of my expansion.

I am so grateful for the ever-increasing good in my life.  And I am thankful for the miracles and answered prayer that are showered on me by a Power greater than me.  Thank you, Life, for the joy that is always available in every moment of the day and night.

It is from this place of gratitude that I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing my word is returned to me fulfilled in powerful and amazing ways.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment