Monday, October 28, 2013

Can You Move Beyond Your Upper Limit Threshold?

Over the last week, I've had two instances where I've been reminded of Gay Hendrick's Upper Limit Problem.  Basically, we all have an upper limit for what is possible in our lives, based on beliefs that were instilled in our childhood.    The problem comes when we approach this upper limit - the life of our dreams, being fabulous and successful, rich beyond imagination.

As we get close to realizing our dreams, we do something - often subconsciously - to sabotage our success.  We create situations that prevent us from feeling too good about our life.

I've learned by now that when the Universe is delivering these messages to me in multiple ways, I need to sit up and pay attention.  So, where in my life am I creating an upper limit problem?

Reflecting on every area of my life, it is true that things are good right now - really good.  My relationship with my husband is filled with love, my finances are steadily increasing, my work is picking up and every day I make time to be grateful for it all.    I do admit, however, that I sometimes get distracted by those who are complaining about their life.

That's when I worry that my subconscious carries feelings of guilt for having so much when others are so unhappy.  I also know that, growing up, money was an issue and I'm certain I may have some healing around the fact that my finances are steadily increasing.

So, now what?

What Hendricks recommends is to practice feeling good about the money you have right now, or love, or whatever triggers the Upper Limit Threshold.  Find a place within yourself where you feel good and let that place expand.  Lean into that feeling of good and enjoy it for as long as you can.

The more you can create moments to practice this, the more you will see the good manifest in your life.  One of my favorite tools is from Michael Beckwith.  When I'm filling my car with gas, as I watch the dials spin, I imagine it's actually the money in my bank account increasing and I let myself feel joyful about it, honoring it and giving thanks for it.  

So - if the Universe is bringing this to my attention, I have to believe it's a reminder to keep pushing through and don't let myself get discouraged that things are not happening as quickly as I would like.  It's a push from Spirit to NOT give up on any of my dreams because they are so close to becoming reality.

I KNOW that more good than I even imagine is possible for me.  And I KNOW that I am safe to embrace it because the Universe ALWAYS has my back.

So, I set my intention for today to move beyond my upper limits, sticking with my dreams so I can thrive in every area of my life.


"The last of human freedoms - the ability to choose one's attitude in a given set of circumstances."  ~Viktor E. Frankl

"Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate.  So practice happy thinking every day.  Cultivate the merry heart, develop the happiness habit, and life will become a continual feast."  ~Norman Vincent Peale


Affirmative Prayer:
Each and every day, there exists only One Divine Mind, One Divine Source.  It is timeless and infinite and always available.  It is an amazing Power and Presence that moves through and around and as me, reminding me that in every moment I am made new.

And in that newness, I can safely thrive in every area of my life.  I can excel beyond what I know with my human mind is possible as I let go and let God.  My relationships flourish and I am so successful in my work and livelihood that it surprises me.  It is all so easy and effortless.  And if one door closes, another opens, guiding me to perfect manifestations of my visualizations.  My dreams become reality as I take one step at a time, pushing forward and trusting in Spirit to lead me.  New opportunities come to me and remind me that God's grace is always within and I need not fear nor worry about anything.

I am so grateful for the Divine Wisdom that shows me the way and the perfection of Spirit that takes my hand to walk with me.   And I give great thanks for the gifts and the blessings that arrive on my doorstep wrapped in Divine Love.

Affirming the knowing that I am unlimited, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, stepping aside as Spirit opens the door to show me that it is already done.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment