Thursday, January 8, 2015

Learning From What Was NOT Created

With the New Year, as with many of us, it's always a good time for me to reflect back and see the evidence of what I have manifested in my life.  And, often, as I look back, I see not only what was created in my life, I see also see the outcomes that were NOT created.

As part of my spiritual journey, now that I am paying attention and noticing what is AND what is not, I'm starting to realize that maybe it's better to NOT get so caught up in the details but to really sit with the feelings and let the Universe decide the outcome.

It's not that I don't believe that I can create what I long for but by not being so attached to how things look, I think I'm finally learning that by focusing on what I long to FEEL in my life, I'm also opening up opportunities for the Universe to provide something even better.

And, in my reflection of 2014, that's one of the things I lost last year - to claim 'this or something even better'.

For example, I've reached the point where I really want to own my own home.  So, rather than outline all of the details - Italian look on the front, 4-bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1750 square feet, a master bedroom with a sunken tub in the bathroom, a backyard with a BBQ built in on the porch, etc. - my plan this January is to imagine and sink into the feeling of the qualities of my home.

So, I'd really love to be able to walk downtown to the shops and restaurants and I love the feeling of walking the neighborhood with my dog, of chatting with friends I meet outside and I can see myself smile as I know that my mortgage and other expenses are easily affordable.

This lets me dream and, at the same time, manifest something that is do-able, allowing the Universe to provide what's best and maybe, even better, than I can imagine for EVERY area of my life.

And what is do-able exactly?  For me, it means stepping into the flow of the timing of the Universe.  While I'd really love the home that provides what I'm feeling, it has to be in right and perfect timing. My finances have to align with the dream so that I am successful long-term in owning my home.

I have discovered over the last year that when I allow the timing of the Universe to guide my life, it really does work out so much better.  The challenge then, for 2015, as I focus on feelings, is to be comfortable in the not knowing 'when'.

Everything may unfold perfectly so that I own my dream home by this time next year OR it may turn out to take another five years.  I may read this post at the end of 2015 and see again the outcomes for my life that were NOT created.

In either case, if I can embrace the uncertainty of timing, the possibilities for a home (or a job or a relationship) that feels even better than I can imagine is sure to be an amazing discovery.

So, what are YOU reflecting on this month so that you can set the stage for an even better 2015?

Today, I set the intention to allow 'this or something even better' to manifest in my life, nurturing the feelings of what I desire and letting go of the need to say 'when.'


"You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. 
So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles." 

"There is no confusion in the approach to Reality. It should be calm and dispassionate
 but filled with feeling because feeling and emotion are creative." 


Affirmative Prayer:
In the joy of this moment, there is the sense of the One Infinite Presence.  It is a vibrancy; so perfect, so beautiful, so wonderful.  It is love unlimited and grace undefined, calming and nurturing, compassionate and gentle.

It is so real, I feel this Presence within me at the deepest level.  The Creative Wisdom that I call God moves through me and I open my heart and say Yes! to a life that works in magnificent ways.

I allow a new vision to be born with the start of the New Year.  New opportunities are finding their way to me and I claim them with open arms, knowing they are here in the right and perfect timing.  I affirm that I am here to create my best life ever and need only listen to the guidance within that tells me this or something better is always on its way.  I rejoice that my gifts and talents are revealing my potential and my life thrives in every way - my perfect home, my perfect job, my perfect relationships are right here, right now.  It is all Divine and the Universe celebrates my success every single day; so rich and so opulent and so real.

I am filled with gratitude for the all-good of the Divine that expresses through me in wonderful ways.  I give thanks that there is nothing that can keep my from my good and I am grateful that I simply need pray, 'This or something better' and it is done.

Touched by the deep love of Spirit, I release my prayer to the Divine Action of the Law. knowing it is already done.  Life keeps getting better and better.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Chris Gin/Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment