Monday, January 19, 2015

You Need To Get Good At This

Thoughts about work woke me up at 3am this morning.  And, of course, I lay there fighting between the tasks I had ahead of me and the need to get more sleep.  Talk about frustrating!

I had emails to get out and meetings to attend and things to correct & resend for approval.  Taking on this new job, I knew there would be a workload to tackle on some weeks but I was certain I could manage with no issues.  After all, I'm a spiritual being.  I have a whole took kit of tricks to keep my life balanced.

The real trick is remembering to pull them out when I need them.  Fortunately, I'm getting better and better at this as I continue my inward journey.

So, after about 20 minutes of letting my mind go crazy with thoughts of work, I called a halt to my spinning mind and switched into meditation mode.

What surprised me about this process is how quickly I was able to adjust my attitude.  With that decision to stop and to focus on my breathe, to connect with Spirit and turn over my work to a higher power that has all the answers, I began to feel a freedom and peace calm my thoughts.

There was a visceral feeling of stillness in my heart.  And flashes of insight emerged.

In the past, I would step out of meditation and write down the insights.  Instead, I stayed in the quiet and simply noticed as ideas came and went.  I stayed focused on my breath.  And, eventually, I fell into a restful sleep.

I am seeing that every time I turn to my spiritual practices for a solution, each experience is different.  It becomes deeper.  There is an acceptance for what is and then a release to trust and have faith that something wonderful is happening.

It's beautiful to see that my practice is paying off.  I only need to keep going and remember that, in every moment <even at 3am> the solution is within.

So, where are YOU seeing the efforts of your continued spiritual practices become something wonderful that works in your life?

Today, I set the intention to remember the power of my spiritual practices when the demands of my busy life start to overwhelm me.


"Dig within.  There lies the well-spring of good; ever dig and it will ever flow." 
~Marcus Aurelius

"Go within; get quiet; become still until the peace that passeth understanding descends." 
~Joel Goldsmith


Affirmative Prayer:
As the fog settles gently over the mountains, there is a knowing of the essence of life itself, a Divine Power, that settles gently over all that is.  It is the breath of the One Life; magnificent, joyful, serene.

In the newness of this day, I see clearly that I am the joy of Spirit made manifest.  I am the magnificence in every action, the serenity in every moment as I allow the One Creative Life to flow through me and around me in all that I do.

And as the fog clears to reveal the mountaintops, so too are visions and dreams for my life revealed. I see so clearly that I am here to create, to be happy and healthy, prosperous and strong.  Within me is the spaciousness to allow unlimited possibilities to flow forth into expression. I affirm that as I grow strong in the use of my spiritual practices, my life is transformed in beautiful, meaningful ways.  I say Yes! to Life and release what is in the way of something even greater unfolding on my journey. New ideas call to me and I step out in faith and trust, knowing they are a Divine expression of Life itself, and I will never need be overwhelmed, only take each moment as it comes.

I give thanks for the newness of my life with each day.  Life is so good and I am grateful for spiritual practices like meditation that allow me to go within and find peace and comfort.  And I say, Thank You, Spirit, for a remarkable life filled with wonderful experiences and loving, joyful people who lift me up.

From this place of deep, deep gratitude, I lovingly release my prayer to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is done and all is well.  God's got this.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.  Amen.

Photo courtesy of Alexcoitus/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment