Thursday, January 15, 2015

Measuring My Words Against My Journey

I've been asked lately how I like my new job.  And I can honestly tell people that I love it.  I'm enjoying the work and the scope of what I'm doing has expanded.

I also tell people that I'm laying the groundwork so that if this does not work out, someone else can come in and take my place.  And there's my challenge: am I setting myself up to fail if I constantly tell people that I'm making space in case I don't work out?

Now, I realize that in any company, work flows and projects and processes should be documented so that anyone can step in if there's an emergency.  It simply a good business practice.

My problem is, every time I mention that I've laid the groundwork, there is a little voice in my head that says, 'Maybe this really won't work out'.  So, how do I chase this dream that energizes me and yet, be responsible to the organization in case of change?

My answer currently?  To enjoy each day at work for exactly where I am in the process, to continue to put my energy behind the organization's success, to do the best I can with what I know and to stop projecting failure by making the excuse upfront that I'm setting the stage for failure.

Every time I share with someone that I'm setting things up for someone else to step in, that's EXACTLY what the Universe hears. And, pretty soon, the Universe will make happen EXACTLY what I am describing.

If I'm honest with myself, I'm more and more certain that it's my ego's protection mechanism that triggers those words.  My ego doesn't want to be fired or blamed for failure so it wraps itself in excuses and reasons and justifications.

So, it's time to stop.  It's time to trust that my unique gifts and talents are being used perfectly, right where I'm at, right now.  There is no way to tell what the future will hold.   There is only the opportunity to embrace this moment now and to pour positive energy into what is being created for tomorrow and the day after.

Moving forward from this point, I'm staking my claim on this job and I've re-crafted my response when asked how my new job is going.  'I'm loving what I do and happy to be contributing my talents.'

And - I take it one day at a time.

So, what are YOU saying every day that is telling the Universe, 'here's what I want to create'?  And is it REALLY what you want to create?

Today, I set the intention to be aware of the words I am using in response to questions from others, knowing that my words are creative seeds being planted with the Universe to manifest.


"One day at a time - this is enough.  Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone;
 and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come.  Live in the present, 
and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering." 
~Ida Scott Taylor

"As our thought is opened and we behold the image of eternity within ourselves, 
we are changed by this image into a newness of Life." 
 ~Ernest Holmes


Affirmative Prayer:
There is a Divine Power in this moment that is remarkable and wonderful.  It is alive and vibrant; a Creative Wisdom that surrounds all that is with love and light.

Embracing the love and light of Divine Spirit, I continue to awaken to the nature of who I am - a spiritual being having a human experience.  Spirit moves through me and as me and I stand in the presence of Spirit, revealing the truth of who I am with every breath.

I welcome the knowing that I am a creative being, that my thoughts and words are creating my best life yet.  As I pay attention to my thoughts and words, I see my life unfold exactly inline with those same thoughts and words.  I claim that as I up-level my thoughts and words, so too is my life up-leveled.  I am remembering everyday how the Universe works - taking the new seeds of my words and planting them in beautiful soil that lovingly makes them manifest.  My life is renewed and transformed in remarkable ways as I cultivate what I say and what I think with the awareness that life will always say Yes!

Open to the unlimited possibilities of life, I am thankful for the guidance of Spirit that shows me my good in this life.  I am filled with gratitude for the gifts and blessings that are revealed as I watch what I say and what I think.  I say, Thank you Life, for the chance to be made new every day as I move away from what no longer works and lean into the magnificent vision for my life.

From a place of pure joy, I release my prayer to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I have all that I need right now to create my own reality.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of MendezEnrique/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment