Monday, January 26, 2015

Knowing (vs. Hoping)

The idea of hope is magical - wishing and thinking and dreaming of the life you'd love to have.

A sporty new car.

A loving marriage/partnership.

A lovely house in a perfect neighborhood.

For me, it turns out, hope is really the expectation of how I'd like things to be, NOT the expectancy that they are here now, just waiting to find me.  On top of that, it puts life into a neat and tidy box of exactly what it must look like.

But what if the Universe wants to provide something even better than I hope for?

Here's where the amazing power of 'knowing' comes into play.  If you start to focus on knowing the car you've been drooling over is yours now - you're driving, listening to the awesome stereo system, enjoying the leather seats, and of course, it's easily affordable - pretty soon, things are lining up and it seems that miracles are happening.

Added to that, what if you 'know' what you want is yours now, and then - you simply allow.  You don't keep worrying that it's not going to happen, that you're not really deserving, that it would be too expensive anyway.  You follow your inner voice that directs you to talk with someone or email someone or go to a certain place - before you realize it, all these events have steered you to that car you KNEW was yours.

It takes practice to 'know' and to 'allow' but test it out for yourself.  Trust that the Universe knows what you need and what you want and, believe that when you get out of the way, something even better shows up.

So, where do YOU see 'knowing' working in your life?

Today, I set the intention to practice 'knowing' that what I want in my life is here now and I simply need to allow it to be revealed.


"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, 
he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." 

"You are not a drop in the ocean.  You are the entire ocean in a drop." 


Affirmative Prayer:
Turning within, there is an Infinite Presence that shines; glorious and magnificent, a welcoming Presence that is the core essence of Life itself.

This Infinite Presence is ever so alive within me, ever so strong within me.  I live from the truth that Spirit is expressing as me in every moment.  And, I am filled with awe as a Divine Power calls me grace and harmony, beauty and peace.

Every day, I choose to live life fearlessly as Spirit expands the visions and dreams I have for my life.  I live my life from a place of knowing; knowing that I am deserving of all the good that is arriving daily; knowing that I am worthy of the best in my work, in my job, in my relationships.  I affirm the possibilities for success are everywhere and I only need allow myself to be guided to see those possibilities revealed.  And I sit in wonder and expectancy as Infinite Intelligence works miracles all around me, blessing me daily.

I am grateful for the Divine inner wisdom that guides my steps and always has my back.  I give great thanks that something wonderful is always happening and I am filled with gratitude that the more I know and trust in Spirit, the more I see it done unto me as I believe.

From a place of pure joy, I release my prayer to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I open my arms and receive the gifts of Spirit.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.


Photo courtesy of Steve Grosbois/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment