Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Who Is Really In Control?

It's so easy to see success and to know that my life is thriving when I am working towards a goal.  But, now that I've completed the course work and the exams and the oral panels, and I am officially an RScP, I'm wondering what's next.

At times, its almost a little scary when I get up in the morning and think about my day.  I don't have to rush to be at the office.   I don't have to think about when I'm going to make it to the grocery store or get my laundry done or get the dog to the groomer.

My day is wide open to spend as I choose. <gulp>

Now, I LOVE that I get to choose what I will do each day.  But without a clear destination, I feel like I'm wandering and not really making a contribution to much of anything.

So, I'm back in a space of believing that I will be guided toward my next steps now that I've finished the last thing that called to me.  And, I'm trusting that the Universe is directing me to even more good than I can imagine.

As soon as those words leave my mouth - well, it makes my stomach hurt to say it out loud.  What am I thinking???  I'm the one in charge.  I'm supposed to be making things happen.  How do I take back the reins?

Since I'm feeling the need to do something, I decide to make a list.  I know that I have a unique gift and talent that is only mine to share.  For me, what works to uncover this gift is to start listing things that I'm good at.

Because -  I want to discover what I'm great at.  I'm no longer willing to settle for good - I want great.  And I believe and I trust that the Universe wants that for me too.

And as I hang on to that thought, I know I will attract the people and the situations that will move me forward.  And, I will know what I need to do each day.  And, even if it's something as small as pulling out my flute and practicing, I know THAT is what I am meant to be doing in that moment.

I believe and I trust - absolutely - that I will be directed toward being the great, unique, awesome, inspiring being that I was incarnated to be at this time.  I may not be able to see it nor am I able to say how, but I can feel that I'm moving in that direction.  And that feeling is where all the power of the Universe lays.

So, where are YOU trusting and believing that the Universe is bringing something good into your life today?

Today, I set the intention to trust that more good is available to me and I simply need to step into the feeling of it to claim it.


"If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less,
 but to dream more, to dream all the time."  

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself
 and not a second-rate version of someone else."  


Affirmative Prayer:
As the sun sets over the hills and the day comes to a close, there is the recognition of one Creative Power and Presence behind all that is.  It glows through the rays of the orange sky, revealing a beauty and joy that is everlasting and all-encompassing.

Standing in the final glow of the setting sun, a sense of immense happiness overtakes me as I feel this Divine Power and Presence surround me, knowing I am one with the One Perfect Life.  I am a unique, individualized expression of Spirit, a creative being in my own right.

Embracing the Infinite Power that resides within, I affirm that my thoughts are a powerful force, creating a life filled with harmony and grace.  Letting go of the thought that I have to do it all myself, I welcome the guidance of the Universe, trusting that more good is always available and I simply need to claim it.  I accept the answers that are made clear as I remain open to the indwelling Spirit, having faith that my intuition is always right on the mark.  And as I tap into my feelings, I claim the limitless abundance of the Universe that is as natural as the sunrise and the sunset.

I am so grateful for the unconditional love of Spirit and I delight in my uniqueness that allows for the full expression of Spirit to shine through.  I give thanks for the ease in which good flows into my life and I am filled with gratitude for the unquestionable blessings that pour themselves over me every day.

From this place of gratitude, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I am renewed.  I am restored.  I am blessed.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Edgar Barany/Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment