Saturday, August 16, 2014

Have A Restful and Peace-filled Weekend



After being in San Diego last week, the only thing we didn't do was relax by the pool.  Our week was filled with hikes, a day at the beach and a San Diego Padres baseball game (they won!).  So, my Saturday morning will be spent by the pool with a good book.  I have the latest from Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) called The Silkworm.  I really enjoyed the first in the series, The Cuckoo's Calling, and I'm excited to dive back into the two main characters and watch their relationship develop.  What are you up to this weekend?  Whatever it is, I hope you have some time to relax and enjoy some down time.  And, here are a few fun and inspiring posts from around the web....


Why you should live life and don't waste a moment

3 lessons to learn from traveling solo

I forget it snows here!  A luxury lodge nestled in a spectacular New Zealand mountain backdrop

14 movie plots that would ruin your life

Activating your morning ~ING

A group of dedicated 5th graders in Brooklyn wrote a new children's book to save a very endangered species of Rhino

Who made that paintball?

5 basic skills of power, and how you can learn to use them

"The next time you see someone who is different than you, think about what their day might be like."

This is ridiculously cute!

A valiant attempt and I think this is a dance-off where everyone wins

What. Just. Happened.

7 ways to skyrocket your self-esteem

Why small steps will serve you well

My old hometown is one of the 27 perfect places to go camping


And here's something that I love to remember about living life: "As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live."  ~Goethe

Photo courtesy of Julien Haler/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment