Friday, August 15, 2014

How Our Hands Reveal Our Character

I heard someone say recently that hands are the window to someone's character.  I never realized how personal and telling hands can be until I started noticing how other's use their hands.

I watch my daughter typing on her iPhone as she smiles and I can see how they allow her to share something that makes her happy.

I see a mother holding the hand of her child as they cross the street and I'm reminded of safety and security.

I notice the hands of a son pushing his grandfather in a wheelchair and I feel the support and strength as they pass by.

I watch the store clerk bag my groceries, using both hands to place each item in with practiced precision.

And - I watch as the cashier hands me my change, giving thanks for the abundance in my life.

I've also seen hands tensed in nervousness, wringing in distress and curled into fists with anger.  Our hands are a beautiful visual display of what we are truly feeling and, perhaps, they are a good indicator of what we're dealing with at a soul-level.

Our hands might also provide insight into our unique gifts and talents.  Many of us are seeking our true purpose for being here at this time.  Maybe if we tune into what we're doing with our hands - playing the piano, sewing a quilt, grooming a pet, even putting on make-up - we can catch a clue to what might feed us or inspire us.

Life is a balancing act of human acts and emotions, of opening up to the experience of ALL of it.  So, whether my hands are clenched in frustration or wide-open to receive a congratulatory hand-shake, I'm starting to tune into the clues from my hands so I can move through the experience that is my life in a way that is healthy, in a way that is loving and in a way that serves everyone, including me.

So, what are YOUR hands telling you?

Today, I set the intention to recognize my hands as an outlet to my soul, allowing for the full expression of emotion to shine through.


"In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine."  

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, 
we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions or cures, 
have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds
 with a warm and tender hand."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment of quiet and stillness, there is an Infinite and Eternal Presence that promises all things are working together for good.  It is a Divine Presence that is unconditional love and joy.  And it is a Creative Wisdom that is grace in every minute of the day.

Surrendering to the Now, I sit in the perfection of Spirit, allowing all that It is to wash over me.  I am the strength that moves mountains.  I am the peace that overcomes all sorrow.  And I open to the Divine Harmony that moves through me, free to express the Creative Brilliance that smolders like the embers of a flame seeking to ignite.

Claiming the magnificence of Source that surrounds me, I rise up to the possibilities for my life.  Looking at something as simple as my hands, I smile as I see how they show me my soul's desire.  I welcome the experience of cooking dinner, of playing with the dog, of brushing my hair, knowing they each have their own story to tell.  I let go of any thoughts of limitation and step up with conviction into my greatness.  Even in the simple, daily tasks, I see the exquisite perfection of doing exactly what I am meant to do, in exactly the right time.

I give great thanks for every experience in my life, knowing they each contain blessings.   I am grateful for the unfolding journey of my life that reveals the potential for something even better that I can imagine to emerge.  And I am thankful for each new day that is filled with opportunities for abundance and prosperity that are my Divine birthright.

From this place of thanksgiving and gratitude, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  My good is manifesting, right here and right now.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of sciencesque/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment