Friday, August 1, 2014

5 Habits To Harness The Wisdom Within

I believe we are each called to be more in life.  To do more with what we have.  To serve our soul's purpose and uplift our lives and others.  The question is often "How"?  How do I do more?  What is my purpose here?  Where do I even start?

The answers are out there but we're so busy with the chatter of how WE think it should be, we forget to listen to the still, small voice within that wants our success. If you look at the people who are living a life of purpose, they each have cultivated certain characteristics that sometimes make it seem as if they are effortlessly floating through life while opportunities are thrown at their feet.

Knowing that those same opportunities are also available to me, here are ways that help me unlock the potential of my inner guidance system-- and as a result awaken to the possibilities within me for a life of magnificence.

1. Choose how you react to circumstances

We know WHAT we want and we know WHY we want it but we don't always get to choose HOW things happen in our lives.  And when a situation comes up like an illness or a bankruptcy or a divorce, we spiral down into fear and anger and react from that place.

Pay attention to that pattern and every time you want to run the other way, stop.  Instead of complaining, remind yourself that you are in this for a reason.  Find an affirmation that works to see the positive rather than the negative.  Then, make a choice to respond from a place of how this could turn out even better than you think possible.  Choose to see the good and your voice within will find more and more good for you to notice in everything.

2.  Be the awesomeness you are here to be

Ever have a great idea only to be told how it won't work, it can't work, it's impossible?  I don't know why but the ego side of our human existence likes to find the negative aspect in ideas and opportunities.  Maybe it's the flight or fight instinct that is inherent in us.  We can be resentful of others success and jealous when they make it really big.

If you can put that aside and instead bless other's success - really, truly pray for their highest and best - you'll start to get guidance on how YOU can move into possibilities for greatness.  What we see in others is also possible in us.  So, surround yourself with people you think are awesome and pretty soon, you'll become the awesomeness in your own world.

3.  You can only control yourself

Hand in hand with the above tip goes the fact that WE like to give unsolicited advice and assume we know to "fix" people and situations.  We are each our own co-creators with Spirit and no other person knows what our journey should entail except us and our higher power.  When I try to fix something I judge as "bad" or "wrong", I may be saving someone pain in the short-term, however, it's possible the Universe has provided this pain as a lesson.

Instead, stay on your own path.  Do what you feel called to do - give a compassionate ear to a friend who needs to share, ask how you can help someone out, volunteer at an organization that speaks to your heart.  Let go of the need to control everything and everyone and live life to YOUR best ability.  Then, your inner guidance will provide synchronicities that put you on the path where you can best serve.

4.  Go for the joy

Life may seem that it's going well.  We have a decent job that provides a decent income.  Our relationships are okay and we have the 4-bedroom house in the perfect, little community.  We dine, we entertain, we sleep....and so it goes, day after day.  Then, the Universe steps in with some event that shakes things up.

I've heard Michael Beckwith tell the story of how he had a beautiful spiritual counselor practice before he founded Agape.  His life was good and he was satisfied.  Then, he started getting headaches on a regular basis.  Listening to his body, he started visioning for the highest and best for his life.  He was then pulled by the vision to answer the call to be a minister.  Needless to say, after he pursued this path, his headaches disappeared.  He left behind "comfortable" and went for something that would fulfill his soul.

Trust that if change is happening, it's happening for a reason.  Look for the opportunity to move beyond mere contentment and instead reach for the joy.  You are here for a purpose; to share your unique talents and live a life of fulfillment.  When you go for the joy, your inner wisdom will guide you toward what Life is calling you to do.  Life is always conspiring for us and will rush up to meet us when we follow the bliss.

5.  Never stop dreaming

Albert Einstein said, "Logic will get you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere."  Every day, spend time daydreaming about what you want your life to look like.  Quit telling yourself that you can't have what you wish for and start feeling what it would be like to actually have it.

What really matters in life is the journey, not the destination.  So keep your dreams front and center.  Your voice within is speaking to you.  Move confidently in the direction of that voice of Divine wisdom and your life is sure to thrive!

So, what do YOU do to hear that voice of inner wisdom?

Today, I set the intention to relax into the flow of life's answers, having faith that my inner wisdom is guiding me to success and a life of blessings.


"Like all explorers, we are drawn to discover what's out there 
without knowing yet if we have the courage to face it."  

"When you have an emotional reaction to what you see, you are judging.  
That is your signal that you have an issue inside of yourself - with yourself 
not with the other person.  If you react to evil, look inside yourself for the very thing
 that so agitates you, and you will find it.  If it were not there, 
you would simply discern, act appropriately, and move on."  


Affirmative Prayer:
With each breathe, there is the sense of a Divine Presence that is ever evolving and becoming more of Itself.  It is a powerful, healing presence that is all Intelligence.  It is perfection and love, grace and joy.

Remaining still, I move my awareness to my connection with this Source of good.  I step into the light, knowing the Divine Creator is expressing as me - uniquely, exquisitely, magnificently.  Like a beautiful symphony, my life is orchestrated in perfect harmony with each note that is played.  And I am drawn to the crescendo and lifted higher in each moment as the music of my journey unfolds, always becoming more of who I am here to be.

As the strains of the music flood my consciousness, I am free to step into my power.  I choose good and go forward into my day, embracing the love that surrounds me.  I affirm that my inner wisdom is always available to guide me to success, to show me the way to a life filled with miracles and blessings.  I am taken over by the Creative Life that reveals my perfection and infuses my choices with clarity and grace.  I keep my eyes fixed on the bliss of the Divine within and move confidently in the direction of my joy.  I let go of anything and everything that might limit me and I step into my brilliance, rejoicing at the serendipity that fuels my prosperity.

I give great thanks for the joy that moves through me as my awesomeness is revealed.  And I am filled with gratitude for the things that make me laugh and smile as I know they are signs that I am on the right path.  I am thankful that Life has all the answers and I simply need to relax into the flow.

In faith and trust, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done and written on my soul.  The perfect demonstration is right here, right now.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Tomas Rawski/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment