Friday, March 28, 2014

It's Time To Focus On What We Love

I like trying new things.  I've tried candle-making, stand-up paddle-boarding, snow-skiing, volleyball, playing an instrument, learning a language and much more.  As I move through my life, knowing that where I place my attention is what I become, I question if I need to STOP trying new things and START focusing on building up the two or three things that I really love.

So, how do I choose what to focus on?  I definitely don't want to jump into this decision-making process too quickly.   I don't want to make my choices based on what others think I should be doing with my life.   Nor, do I want to make my choices based on my ego.

"If I choose this, I will look more successful."   OR, "If I choose this, I will impress so many people."

Maybe my choices come back to living my purpose here in this life.

In Deepak Chopra's book, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, the Law of Dharma says that "you have a unique talent and a unique way of expressing it.  There is something that you can do better than anyone else in the whole world - and for every unique talent and unique expression of that talent, there are also unique needs.  When these needs are matched with the creative expression of your talent, that is the spark that creates affluence."

If that's true, then choosing the activities that I focus on should start with one question.  How can the activities that I choose best help others live their purpose?

The other question that Deepak suggests we ask is, "if money was no object and you had all the time and money in the world, what would you do?"

These are big questions that will take a bit of time and contemplation but I can now put first things first and start clearing out the clutter of things that do NOT bring me joy.  By starting there, I can uncover what I really LOVE to do.  And, I can move in the direction of co-creating a life that is more beautiful than anything I can imagine.

So, find out what YOU love and start to live the life of your dreams.

Today, I set the intention that I easily uncover what is mine to do and what is NOT mine to do, knowing that the Universe will always support me in creating a life well-lived.


"Discover your divinity, find your unique talent, serve humanity with it, 
and you can generate all the wealth that you want."  

"It's not the career you choose, the friend you marry, or the path you take
 that determines success or happiness in life, but that each day, in some
 small way, you seek to amaze as much as be amazed."


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment, there is a sufficiency of grace, of love, of power and of peace.  This sufficiency is revealed in recognizing there is only One.  One Divine Presence that is always the same, never changing and always guiding to bigger and brighter expressions of Itself.

As this Divine Presence expresses through me, I am filled with wonder and amazement at the perfection of knowing this truth.  I am never separate from my good, always a part of Source Energy that gives me the strength to expand and the potential to co-create a life of Divine purpose.

As I co-create, I say Yes! to ideas that move me in the direction of doing what I love.  I am not defined by what I have done in my past but can look back and see that I am now guided to make better choices, to choose activities that inspire and motivate me.  I embrace the Divine Presence and Power of the Universe and I allow my path to be directed by an infinite Source of unconditional Love, affirming that something meaningful and beautiful is seeking to emerge through me and as me.  My gifts and talents are enough.  I am enough.  And I welcome more situations and experiences that bring me evidence of that very fact.

I give thanks for the perfect life that is being revealed daily as I make choices from a place of love.  And, I am filled with deep gratitude as I see the good that is being made manifest as ideas are put into action.  I am so thankful that as Spirit express through me, there is a ripple effect that reaches out and touches others lives, moving them to create a life well-lived.

From this place of gratitude and rejoicing, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is done.  I am alive and filled with joy.  And I let it be so.  And so it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment