Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Can't-Miss Tip To Uncover Genius

How I show up in the world matters.  And I have always tried to be respectful of others without forgetting that I am important too.

Some days, though, I have felt that I just needed to vent and complain and grumble. Then the lousy feelings inside of me would disappear.  I was sure of it.

But, what I noticed is when I complained to a friend about how another person was impacting me or if I shared how much it stinks to get cut off in traffic, I only felt more frazzled.  I did not feel comforted by my ranting or validated by my certainty that I was right.

So, I'm trying a new approach.  It's something simple that I borrowed from the book, The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer.  I am looking for the genius in everything and everyone.

This week, I was commuting back and forth between San Jose and San Francisco.  I don't often have to deal with traffic and drivers who are in their own world and rainy weather that creates accidents.  So, it was the perfect opportunity to practice my new technique.

Each morning, I took a minute as I pulled out of the driveway to breathe and remember my intention.  I put on music that I enjoyed and focused on simply being in my car and driving.

I wish I could say that this alone created a smooth drive, however, that's not how the Universe works, right?  Once you make a declaration, the Universe give us a chance to practice.

Sure enough, there were drivers that needed to pull into my lane at the last minute without signaling.  And there were drivers going so sloooow, in the past, it would have made me crazy.

But, not this time.  As I focused on seeing the possibilities of greatness, it was easy to kindly make room for the driver to slip in front of me.  And, I stopped noticing that there were huge gaps between the car in front me and the car in front of them.

The difference this made in how I felt when I arrived at my destination was amazing!  I was more calm and peaceful and just had a general "feel-good" vibe about me that I can't explain.

The most noticeable result -  one day I ended up being 10 minutes late and, prior to my experiment, I would have been berating myself for not anticipating delays and for not leaving earlier.  This time, however, I somehow knew it was okay that I was late.

As I walked into the conference center, I simply said a quick apology and got down to work.   No one said a word that my being late was an issue.  Not even my boss.  For me, that was huge!

I can't explain how this all works from the simple act of setting an intention.  And, I know that it won't always be this way.  There will still be moments when I forget to cultivate this behavior within myself.  But, I am sure going to make the effort to use this in more and more areas of my life.

That is my hope - that this becomes something I do so naturally, it is now a part of who I am and how I live my life on a regular basis.

So, has anyone else experienced times when choosing to see things differently has created something unexplainable?

Today, I set the intention to allow the Universe to support me in making choices and decisions that uncover the genius in everyone.  



"Tell others about their genius.  Be as complimentary and authentic 
as you can.  In doing so, you'll radiate loving, kind, abundant, 
creative energy.  In a universe that operates on energy 
and attraction, you'll find these same qualities returning to you." 
~Dr. Wayne Dyer, The Power of Intention

"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good therefore 
that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me 
do it now.  Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." 


Affirmative Prayer:
Going within, there is a radiant goodness, a brilliant light, an unconditional love that is all part of the Divine Intelligence.  This Intelligence is a dynamic force for beauty, for joy, for wisdom, for grace.

In the stillness, this Divine Intelligence moves through me, revealing what is right and what is beautiful in every moment of my day.  And with each action that I take, the excellence of Divine Wisdom guides my steps, expressing the vision that Spirit has for Its life as Sandy.  I am lifted to a higher level of Divine Insight and I am filled with faith as this Insight surrounds me with purpose and with strength.

And it is with purpose and strength that I claim the fullness of Life that is always available in every situation.  I welcome the uncovering of the sparks of genius in everyone that I meet and I allow those sparks to ignite into lives filled with passion and with magnificence.  Declaring that good and more good is right where I am, I make choices that prosper my finances and I make decisions that expose the love in all of my relationships.  I accept the feeling of newness and wonder that my life has as I wake each day, trusting that the Universe has my back in all things.

I am so grateful for the insight of Spirit that brings a calm and a peace to my choices and decisions.  And I am thankful that my purpose is clear as passion guides my steps.    I am filled with gratitude for my connection with others as we share the prosperity and the love that is our Divine birthright.

With great thanks, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  Life is good!  And I let it be so.  And so it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment