Friday, March 7, 2014

Living Our Dreams IS Closer Than We Think

"Sometimes we don't know what we want; we only know that our present life doesn't quite fit anymore."  That statement from the book, What Would You Do If You Had No Fear, explains the exact feeling I have been holding onto for about a year now.

At this point, it seems that, not only is it becoming part of my usual story, but I'm attracting people who can substantiate my story as well.  Maybe that's why I am enjoying this book so much.  I'm not crystal clear on what I want but I'm sure what holds me back from trying something different is fear.

Fear of not being able to pay the bills.  Fear of not being good enough.  Fear of failure.

I know some of this is my ego talking.  Ego always seems to sneak in and tell me that I am different - others might be successful taking action toward their dreams but not me.  So, clearly, there is some healing that I still need to do.

But - I know the truth of who I am.

It's easy to lose sight of the truth that everything is in Divine Order.  Everything is what we hold in conciousness.  There are no exceptions.  So, what will it take to listen and really get that truth?

I need to drop back into my heart and start to feel it.   And, I need to honor that feeling.  I need to see that there is an audience for my gifts and talents.  And, I need to show up each day and demonstrate that the Universe is creating through me.

There is a beautiful story in What Would You Do?   It talks about Todd and how putting himself out there with his music changed his life.  By taking the step to begin voice lessons, it led him to some initial success in theater productions and to singing on stage.

More than that, when his career change to music went through some rough times, he faced his doubts, recognized the value of his gifts and busted through to an even better offer working with some talented people.

What Todd learned, and what I am learning, is that I am not powerless.  Something inside me knows what I need to do and my job is to listen and align with that.

Every day is an opportunity to create my life.  What I can dream and imagine and play and wish for is limitless to the extent that I believe it is.  So, every day becomes a choice to believe and to remember that I am here to do magnificent work.

So, what is YOUR wish for your life?  Can you find a class or a coach and begin taking action toward your dreams?

Today, I set my intention to rediscover some of my dreams and pleasures and take at least one step toward them, knowing I am in charge of my life.


"...and then they day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud 
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."   
~Anais Nin

"You can only recognize what is within you.  If you are able to recognize
 something of the Divine presence and power within a holy person, it is that same
 presence and power within yourself that is recognizing."
~ Tau Malachi


Affirmative Prayer:
In this present moment, as the birds sing and the breeze blows, there is a Power that creates and a Source that sustains all that is.  It is filled with love and with light and with  a magnificent energy that surrounds and uplifts with every exhalation of breath.

This Source is calling my name, seeking to work through me in wonderful expressions of abundance, of joy, and of happiness.  It is such a prominent Power that moves in and as me, it brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.  It is always present and always available and I say Yes! as I tap into this Oneness with Life.

Accepting this goodness, I choose to create a life that is filled with passion, knowing that my unique gifts and talents are yearning to be shared.  I step onto my path, reveling in experiences that bring me closer to living my dreams.  And, I claim my power to move with conviction in my actions, welcoming the everyday miracles that shower upon me as I make Divinely guided choices.

I am filled with gratitude as Spirit works through me, creating an amazing journey that is my life.  And I give great thanks for the dreams and the gifts that are expressed as I lean into the Divine.  I am grateful for the courage to step into the miracles, trusting that I am blessed each step of they way.

Infused with gratitude, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done in magnificent ways.  Life is good!  And I let it be so.  And so it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment