Friday, February 21, 2014

How Disease Reveals Perfection


When the subject of healing came up for this week’s Practitioner Studies classwork, I thought I was in good shape – literally.  I run, I bike, I make healthy eating choices and, most nights, I get plenty of rest.  Then, I flashed back to the time I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. 

In Science of Mind, Ernest Holmes states, “If our subjective consciousness were always clear, if it never received false impressions, the Spirit would always flow to the point of objectivity, and we would never make mistakes, would never be sick, poor or unhappy.”

I know now that my “disease” was really an event in my life where I had become separate from knowing the truth; that at my spiritual core, I am complete and perfect.  And, I believe, it was a way for the Universe to get my attention and let me know that I had some healing to do.  

I was holding something in consciousness that was no longer serving me.

About a year prior to the diagnosis, I had finalized my divorce, was living on my own with my two girls and rekindling my relationship with my now-husband, Kevin.  I thought I had worked through most of the pain from the split and had come out the other side in decent shape. 

In retrospect, I think I became lost in old stories full of judgment that fed some of the fear and anger over my situation.  And, not wanting to really let go of the fear and anger, at some level, I created suffering by hanging onto my limiting beliefs. 

Thankfully, I have always been spiritually grounded so I knew God was involved and available to help me move through this experience.  In this case, the Universe supported me in the form of Kevin.  I remember how, after the doctor released me from the surgical center, Kevin arranged for a weekend away at the beach on the North Coast to finish my healing.    

As we walked the beach, I re-connected to the feeling of Divine Love within me.  I moved through the pain I had been carrying around, releasing old hurts out to the vastness of the ocean.  I came back to the truth that unconditional love was always mine and had always been mine.

I allowed this event to be my teacher.  I embraced the lesson that I was not a failure because my first marriage did not work out.  I let go of the fear that because I had failed, I would never be successful at a new relationship. 

I learned that I am ALWAYS at choice and just because one relationship didn’t work out, I could choose to see things differently going forward into a new relationship.

I am grateful for the breakthrough that happened at that time, even though I didn’t see it until just recently.   It is evidence that healing is all within me. 

As I recognize what needs to be mended in my life, I stop and remember who I am – One with Infinite Intelligence.  I see my perfection and am free to let go and step into the life of my dreams.

So, what have YOU created in your life that no longer supports you?  What might need healing?  

Today, I set the intention to pay attention to my thinking, remaining open to healing old beliefs that no longer support me and to creating the life of my dreams.


"Growth is a very profound experience.  It can be beautiful and ugly, 
empowering and confining, pleasant and unpleasant, all at the same time."  

"And so the nature of God, the nature of man and of being
 is perfect and harmonious and whole.  And this is our work: to make 
a decision to let that nature reveal itself."  
~Dr. George Bendall


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment, with the breeze gently blowing as the trees sway in the wind, there is only One Divine Intelligence, One Divine Love, that guides and directs and sustains.  Never stopping or standing still, It is continuous movement propelling all things toward joy, toward happiness, toward grace and toward peace.

In this place of joy and happiness, I am swept away by the Divine Love of the Universe.  I am a brilliant illumination of the Universe as it moves through and around me, expressing as me.  I can never be separate from being One with this Infinite Intelligence and I allow the true nature of Spirit to reveal itself through me in perfect, Divine timing. 

As I allow the revealing of Spirit to unfold, I accept the gifts of healing that are freely given.  I claim the perfection within me, trusting that all of Life's lessons are for my highest and best expression.  And I affirm that each experience uncovers a Divine Love that moves out from me to those that I meet on this journey until we are all aware of an energy of good in our world.  My thoughts create my experience and I welcome the  abundance and prosperity that manifest as a result of my right thinking.  I am living the life of my dreams!  

With great thanks, I delight in the perfect health, the financial wealth and the unending joy that are showing up as I move in their direction.  And I am so grateful for this moment, right now, that is filled with Divine healing.  I am thankful for a life better that I could even have imagined as I show up each day, sitting in expectancy of my good.

Standing in this Life Energy of love, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done in the One Mind.  Life is so good!  And I let it be so.  And so it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment