Thursday, January 16, 2014

Relationships Are Like Riding A Bike

In The Science of Mind, Ernest Holmes teaches, “People are dying for real human interest, for genuine friendship, for someone to tell them they are all right.  We always welcome the man who looks at the world as his friend and loves it.”  For me, there is no better way to further my spiritual growth than to spend time with others, whether they are family, friends or complete strangers.   

It is an opportunity to move further away from my ego – “They have more than me”, “I’m better dressed than she is” – and move closer to embracing the truth that this is a loving, supportive, friendly Universe.

The challenge for me, I’ve noticed, lies in cultivating relationships.  It’s easy for me to meet people and I am filled with a genuine curiosity for each new person I have a chance to interact with.  

But - when the relationship starts to evolve into something that might be a friendship, partnership, or business interest, I find that I subconsciously put up barriers to deflect anything going beyond a surface level acquaintance. 

Knowing this is happening, I have started putting myself into places and situations where I can develop deeper relationships.  To give you an idea -  I love to run and bike so I have joined training groups where we share a similar interest and I see the same people regularly. 

This has forced me to become more of a “friend” – to offer to carpool to a racing event, to accept an invitation for lunch after a bike ride – and as I become more of a friend, I am seeing more friendships develop in my life.

As a result, I find that my spiritual growth is deepening as well.  I am more and more able to see the indwelling Spirit within each individual.  

And - if there is a lesson for me to learn in the relationship, I more easily accept that lesson and let things unfold, using my spiritual practices to remain in integrity with myself through the growth. 

Relationships are often like riding a bike.  Along the way, there will be rough terrain, smooth curves, speed bumps or flat tires.  They are all opportunities to learn how to continue to pedal and ride with ease regardless of the circumstances.  And, before I realize it, I have fallen in love with riding a bike – with the journey and the chances to get back on the bike as often as I can. 

So, today, I set the intention to embrace the adventure of life, knowing I am attracting powerful relationships that are for everyone's highest and best good.


"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."  

"If you want an interesting party sometime, combine cocktails 
and a fresh box of crayons for everyone."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment, there is only One - one Divine Presence and Divine Power that surrounds all that is. This Presence and Power is in every fiber, weaving through the fabric of life in beautiful and magnificent ways.  

Breathing in this magnificence, there is a knowing that this Presence and Power that I call Spirit is moving through me, around me and having Its being as me.  I am transformed as I allow myself to go with the flow of the Divine Intelligence that blesses my life as I surrender to this consciousness.

Every day, life flows through me with grace and with ease.  And, as I step up and meet new people, I know that I am always in the right place at the right time.  I attract relationships that will reveal my destiny and I dive deep into the relationship, being fully who I am meant to be.  I trust that as I am a friend to others, my friendships and partnerships are reflected back to me as I move through the twists and turns that make my life such a glorious adventure.  And I am always at peace, knowing I am exactly where I need to be in every moment.

I am so grateful for the good I receive every day, the good that shows up in amazing abundant ways.  And I give great thanks for the people who reveal the God within to show me how beautiful true relationships can be.  I am filled with gratitude for the love that is expressed fully and deeply as I connect to Source in simple prayer and thanksgiving.

From this place of thanks, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  The dreams and desires of my heart are here now.  And I let it be so.  And so it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment