Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Celebrate YOU And Change The World

We are meant to live a life filled with joy, with happiness and with love.  I know many of us might believe that on some level but our reality has us question that fact.  I know that can be true for me.

If I'm here to live a life of joy, why do I hate my job so much and why can't I find a better one?

If I'm here to live a life filled with love, why can't I find my soulmate?
 
I'll be the first to admit, I DO compare my life to others.  I see other people who absolutely love their job and I wonder why I struggle.  Or, I see other people who seem to attract money and financial wealth and give no second thought to plunking down serious cash for a fancy dinner or outrageously expensive clothing.  Why do I struggle with my finances and breaking through the glass ceiling?

And THAT is where I give away my power.  When I start comparing my life to others, I'm in a no-win situation.

I am here (and we all are here) to make an impact on this world in my own unique way.  I am here to share my gifts and talents and to live out Life's vision for ME.

When I bring the focus back to me and make the decision to start playing up to my potential, I become open and available for the Universe to guide me and open the doors that lead to joy, to happiness, to love.

On Sunday, Michael Beckwith made a statement that was very powerful for me.  He said, "I am here to change the world."

I am here to change the world!  It's worth repeating a few times, out loud, so that I finally get it.

Seeking to internalize that concept, and, since writing is so powerful for me, I decided to write down and imagine myself surrounded by what I truly want in life.  And, I ask the Universe, "How am I to change the world?"

Then, I let the words flow, not judging or correcting them, just writing them down as they come.  Here's what showed up for me:

Sandy, when you let go of the fear of the unknown and step out 
in faith, life will return to you a multitude of blessings.  Get out and be 
with other people who are enjoying the same things you enjoy.  Be in 
community.  Pick up your flute every day and practice a little bit. 
Take the dog out and be in nature more often.  Celebrate 
everything including your relationship with your husband and children.  
Be more like a child and stay curious about everything.

I could literally feel the shift happen in my body.  And I know the magic will start to work in my life.  So, I'm remaining in a state of gratitude for all that is in my life now and for everything that I trust will be showing up, delivered by a Universe that wants to fill my life with good, with joy, with happiness and with love.

From that place, I set the intention to focus on my impact in the world, letting go of comparisons and remaining in awe of what's possible for my life.

Do you agree?


"Our prayer is that our excellence might come forth 
and serve the world."  

"What you can do is set up day-to-day goals for yourself, and then
 resolve to begin living with present moment awareness for the rest of 
your life....It is simply a matter of asking yourself at the beginning of the 
day, 'How do I want to conduct my life today?'   Then very directly 
begin to carry out your goals for the day.  When you get good at
 living your present moments one day at a time, you'll see yourself 
changing right before your own surprised eyes."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment, there is only One Life, One Divine Power, that moves as effortlessly as the breeze blows in from the ocean and as beautifully as the sun rises each morning.  It is a magnificence that goes beyond words.  It is always available and filled with a love that knows no bounds.

This Divine Power also moves effortlessly through and around and as me.  I simply go within to feel the presence of Spirit and the consciousness of grace that surrounds me and expresses as me.

From this consciousness of grace, I step into my journey as a spiritual being having a human existence.  In each minute of the day, I make Divinely guided choices that move me closer to a life filled with joy and happiness as I share my unique gifts and talents with the world.   I am here to make a difference and to experience everything that this life has to offer.  Even on days that might seem ordinary, there are miracles and magic that is happening, leading me to something even better than I can imagine.  And, as I let go of comparing myself to others who might have more,  I am in awe of what shows up in my life.  It is all so good!  I am nurtured and fed by an ever-increasing abundance of wisdom, of laughter and love.

I am so grateful for the guidance and wisdom of Spirit in my life.  And I am thankful for the miracles that flow as I follow that guidance.  I sit in gratitude for all the good, all the healing, and all of the love that shows up every single day.

And from this place of great gratitude, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing that it is already done.  The magic is happening now.  And I let it be so.  And so it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment