Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Perseverance In Pursuit Of Dreams

It's been a journey of about 3 years but Kevin and I are homeowners again and spent this last weekend moving in.  Talk about perseverance!

Right down to the end, it was a nail-biter.  First, there was the meeting with the loan officer at the bank to get pre-qualified.  Once that was done, and our offer was accepted, we had to give document after document after document to get the official approval from the lender.

Along with that we had meetings with the management company, meetings with the interior designer, and meetings with our landlord.  And, after each meeting, I kept wondering if this purchase was really going to happen.

It's scary believing that you're qualified for something and then to have to really prove that you are. And, of course, the little voice inside of me - my ego - brought up every reason to be fearful.

This purchase had me questioning my worthiness to receive and my belief in a Universe that wants my good.  Am I deserving of a new home?  If I really trust in Divine timing, am I willing to let this go if it doesn't work out?

Which brings me back to perseverance.

Perseverance was in the patience I found to tell myself to trust in this process because it really is Divinely guided.  It was in the dogged pursuit of my goal of not just owning a home, but in a specific area and with specific features.  And it was in the faith that there is Good in all of this despite the appearance of negative outcomes and disastrous results.

So today, I set the intention to recognize that patience in all things together with the perseverance to chase my dreams always leads me to the Good of the Universe.



"When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you
 till it seems as if you couldn't hold on a minute longer, never give up then, 
for that's just the place and time that the tide'll turn."

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which
 difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." 


Affirmative Prayer:
Taking a deep breath and quieting my mind, there is a connection to the Divine in this moment.  It is the oneness that I call God and it can be heard in the birds singing in the trees, in the soft patter of rain on the window, in the gentle breeze that whispers among the branches on this beautiful summer day.

Although I am only one in this vast Universe, I am an important part of this One Presence of the Divine.  I am the power and the impact of the Creative Intelligence as I choose how I show up in this world.  I am the hope that allows for the expression of the Infinite Wisdom that resides within.

Awaking to this knowing, I let go of any discouraging feelings that may tell me I'm not worthy to receive my heart's desire.  Instead, I embrace the flow of Life, trusting that as I persevere, there will be an unfolding of beauty and grace, revealed in perfect Divine timing.  I welcome the magic that is my purpose in life as I give of my gifts and talents.  As I practice patience in all things, I lean into the bidding of my heart, taking small steps towards my dreams.  And, I affirm that as I take delight in Life, more good than I can imagine is revealed each and every day.

Acknowledging how special this moment is, I am deeply grateful for the manifestations of my heart, including my amazing new home.  I give thanks for the love of Spirit that reminds me of my worthiness, in ways big and small.  And I am filled with gratitude for the faith that shows me there is nothing I cannot accomplish as long as I am willing to have patience and to persevere.

Planting the seed of this prayer in the One Mind of the Universe, I allow for the greatness of Life to move through me.  I am fully and truly blessed as I let go and let God.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Zach Dischner/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment