Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Happy-Go-Lucky

I was recently described as happy-go-lucky.  Today tho',  I'm feeling a bit out of sorts.  It's almost like dark rain clouds are hanging over my head.

After hearing myself called easy-going, I'm challenged by what to do with these feelings.  I keep trying to overcome them by looking on the bright side but it's not working very well.

I really want to be that person who can let things slide off their back.  But, if I'm truly honest with myself, I need to plug into what these out-of-sorts emotions are trying to tell me.  After all, I'm a spiritual being having a human experience and that includes experiencing these human emotions of frustration, unhappiness and anger.

So, today I'm making some time to listen to what these feelings are trying to tell me.  I'm grateful for a spiritual practice I learned from Michael Singer's book, The Untethered Soul.  As these feelings come up, I step outside of myself and notice the feelings - that's it, just notice them.  Maybe I say something like, "Isn't it interesting that I'm feeling so frustrated right now."

Then, I let it go.  And I continue that process.  Pretty soon, I do notice that the energy around my feelings of frustration are dissipating.

I think the true insight is that in acknowledging the uncomfortable feelings and letting them go, I really am transforming my life to be more fitting of the happy-go-lucky person I am.  I guess it's all part of the learning process!

Today, I set the intention to surrender to feelings of heaviness, acknowledging them and then releasing them, allowing a greater Universal Intelligence to transform them.


"If you sit within the Self, you will experience the strength of your inner being
 even when your heart feels weak. Once you learn that it's okay to feel
 inner disturbances, and that they can no longer disturb 
your seat of consciousness, you will be free." 

"Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle." 


Affirmative Prayer:
Turning within and taking a breath, there is a sense of Spirit that welcomes all.  It is the fire and creativity that sparks life, always conspiring for the greater good of all.

I open my heart and feel the movement of Spirit within.  It is the Divine seeking expression through me.  It is the Creative Intelligence that moves through my imagination, my thoughts, my feelings.  I am a consciousness that is blissful and joyful and loving, allowing for a greater awareness to be born through me.

In this moment, I let go of old programming that tells me I am not enough. I am sheltered by Divine Life, able to feel all of my human emotions and then release them to the Infinite.  I accept the healing that happens as I let go of any judgements around fear and frustration and remember that my nature is gentleness and serenity and grace.  The mind and heart of God move through me and I welcome the wisdom that leads me to a great life of endless possibilities.  I ask "What is it that I need to know about these feelings?" and answers are revealed in clear ways that I easily understand.

I give thanks for the windows and doors that are opening through my acceptance of ALL of my feelings.  I am grateful for the glory within that allows me to live from a place of acknowledgement and release as I embrace my happy-go-lucky nature.  And I am grateful for all that has blessed my life.

Knowing my good is at hand, I release this prayer to the One Divine Mind in faith that the Law will make it so.  The seeds have been planted and I only need water my garden.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Greg Westfall/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment