Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Making Smarter Choices

The benefit of being able to make choices is that WE get to direct our lives.  I am never forced to wear something I don't like or eat something I don't enjoy.

What that also means is that I am responsible for my current situation in life.  I chose the job I'm in.  I chose the relationship I'm in.  I chose to go to the gym today.

It's beautiful because now that I finally get that, I can let go of the drama.  Rather than complain about something or blame someone, I only need to see what other choice I can make to turn a situation around.

It also means I need to be aware of my choices because they can be powerful creators.  For example, I love to travel and I love creating new opportunities for expansion in my job.

So, when an upcoming trip is mentioned by a friend or by my husband, I tend to make the choice to say yes.  Or, when I'm asked to review a new software tool to gauge whether it's worth moving forward with, I say yes.

The result?  I'm on the road a LOT and I have a packed work schedule.  I love having choices - my challenge is learning when to make a choice to say no.  I have to make the choice NOT to over-do things.  After all, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Making smart choices is really what I'm learning.  It's allowing the Universe in to guide my choices.  It's learning to sit with a choice and listen to my inner voice before rushing off in a certain direction.

It's not alway easy to stop and listen before making a choice.  But, it's usually well worth the effort.

Today, I set the intention to be cheerful and seek to make smarter choices that inspire me and others.


"You are doomed to make choices.  This is life's great paradox."  

"Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and 
personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom,
 innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization."  


Affirmative Prayer:
Turning within and breathing deep, there is an Infinite Intelligence that fills the space in-between with hope, with joy, with love.  It is a Divine Love that is so much more than words can describe; everywhere and always present.

I am surrounded by this great Power which is always working through me.  I am lifted up and can feel Spirit at the center of my being.  And I can hear clearly the words of the Beloved, 'You are my child in who I am well pleased.'

Moving through my day, I let go of any fear of making wrong choices and have faith that any choice I make is the right and perfect one.  I welcome the possibilities of good health, great wealth, and abundant happiness when I let Spirit guide my choices.  As I get still and simply listen, I begin to hear clearly the choices I can make that are unique to me, leading me down a path for my highest and best.  I am led to living a life of my full potential, imagining and creating an amazing future that can never be taken away.

I am filled with gratitude for a loving Universe that will never let me go, no matter what.  I give thanks for the prosperity and peace that are revealed day after day after day.  And I am grateful for the freedom to make personal choices, knowing they are divinely guided.

Releasing this prayer into the spiritual consciousness of Divine Law, I let go and know that it is done.  All is well.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Kenny Louis/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment