Saturday, March 21, 2015

Seeing Your Value

We just got one step closer to owning our own home today.  We are officially pre-qualified and have placed a hold on a town-home we love.  Very exciting!

Immediately, of course, I start to think about where all of my things will go - the couch, the bedroom dressers, the fish.  I can absolutely see it BUT my mind also starts churning with plans to replace my older, well-used things.  What I'd really like to do is replace the old 'stuff' with new furnishings (well, except for the fish).

And, as I start to browse Ikea and Target, I just as quickly see my sometimes out-of-control spending habits rearing their head.  I realize that rather than rush out and buy things for the new home just for the sake of having new things won't work for me this time.

This time around, I'd rather spend a small bit more BUT get quality items (not that Ikea or Target are not quality).

I'd love to have a soft leather sofa and comfortable reclining chair in the new living room versus a cheaper fabric couch and love-seat.

I'd love to invest in a nice set of bedroom furniture that is sturdy, holds a lot, AND looks attractive.

I'd love to have window dressings that are effective at keeping out the light, when needed, and accent the various rooms versus an inexpensive curtain that I will likely have to replace within the year.

So, where is the spiritual lesson in all of this?  I realized that when I value myself, it shows in the choices I make.  I can take some extra time and money and decorate my new home with the right mix of quality furniture and window dressings and decorative accents.

I don't have to rush out and spend money on things I won't really enjoy down the line or on things that will fall apart six months into it.  It's so different for me to feel this way.  And I'm embracing it.

Maybe I'm finally starting to see the bigger picture....

Today, I set the intention to see that I am valued beyond measure and deserving of that which calls to my soul.

So where are YOU rushing into choices that may reflect your thoughts of lack and unworthiness?


"Believe in yourself and all that you are.  Know that there is 
something inside you that is greater than any obstacle."  

"Your sacred space is where you find yourself over and over again." 


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment is the realization that there is a place where heaven meets Earth.  It is a powerful Infinite Intelligence; rich and beautiful, rising up from within; always available - always present.

I am surrounded in love by this Infinite Intelligence like a precious jewel.  A Divine Presence moves through me, reconnecting me to hope, reminding me that I shine brighter than the stars.  I am powerful.  I am courageous.

Knowing I am a co-creator with this Presence, I get quiet and listen to where I am being guided.  I imagine and dream and the Universe shows me how to make a way from where no way existed before.  My life expands beyond anything I have known before; abundant and rich in health, in wealth and in happiness.  I speak my word from a place of joy and Spirit makes it so.  I let go of any difficulties that may come from buying a new home and I welcome the overflow of prosperity that allows me to buy wonderful, amazing furnishings for my new home.  I can easily afford that which calls to my heart's desire.  And there is no need to rush - it all happens in perfect, Divine timing.

I am filled with gratitude for the guidance of Spirit in all things.  I am thankful that I see my value in this world and it is reflected back to me in everyday miracles and blessings.  And I am grateful that I only need speak my word and the Universe answers back, Yes!

I release this prayer to the Law of Mind, knowing it is done and I am changed for the better.  I am limitless.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Creative Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment