Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Goodness And Greatness

I spent my weekend contemplating goodness and greatness.  There is a desire deep in me that tells me I am meant to do great things that will touch the lives of others.  And, in my mind, that is tied to goodness in my everyday life.

But - I have a tendency to joke and be flippant which occasionally leads to jokes that go to far (I'm a Sagittarius and have that 'foot in mouth' personality trait).  I especially cringe when I look back and see times where I've made jokes at others expense or sent off an email that was full of judgement because I didn't have the whole story.

I do realize, that in living my life, I will make mistakes.  That doesn't mean, tho', that I'm not a good person or undeserving of my good.

So, in my contemplation, one thing became clear: self-forgiveness.  It's about a forgiveness that accepts the thoughtless things I said or did in the past and learning from it; to be mindful and consider what I'm going to say before I say it.

I can still be funny and go for the laugh.  In fact, I think my humor is one of my gifts from the Universe that has lightened up many a situation or just made someone smile who needed it.  I simply need to look at it from other's perspectives before shooting off my mouth - or my email.

And, in the self-forgiveness and mindfulness, there is space for allowing my greatness to emerge.  Small acts of good leading to acts of greatness that can make an impact.  What a beautiful thing to focus on this week.

Today, I set the intention to think before I make a joke, being mindful of the other person's perspective, knowing that what I speak has the possibility to lead to something great.


"Judge nothing, you will be happy.  Forgive everything, you will be happier.  
Love everything, you will be happiest." 

"Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different, 
it's accepting the past for what it was, and using this moment and
 this time to help yourself move forward." 


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment of pure joy and contentment, there is the recognition of the Source of Life; happiness, peace, abundance.  Daily, there is evidence of this Infinite Intelligence, from the rising of the sun to the blossoming of the flowers, happening effortlessly and with grace.

I make time each day to sit with and connect with this Source of Life that is within me.  I tap into the Creative Wisdom that guides my steps and experiences life through me and as me.  And as I connect, I see that I am one with the Presence that I call God.

In this space of Oneness, there is an inner freedom that emerges.  As I forgive, I allow a newness to be created that up-levels my life from one of resentment to one of possibility and potential.  I welcome the greatness that is being revealed as I lean into being mindful of the words I speak.  I have faith that as I continue to practice mindfulness, gifts and talents are revealed and I am lifted to the next level of love.  And I affirm that my inner voice is leading me down a path to beauty, to creativity, to grace in perfect and right timing.

I am filled with gratitude for the small acts of goodness that unlock my purpose here at this time.  I give thanks for the abundance and prosperity that flows into my life in ways beyond what I can imagine.   And I am grateful that I wake each morning with a yearning to seek out the happiness that exists in doing great acts that make an impact in other's lives.

Blessing all that I have and all that I am about to receive, I release my prayer to the Law of Divine Mind, knowing it is done.  I can detach and simply let life unfold.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Doug Wheller/Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment