Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Why Life Will Give You The Experience You Need

For the past few days, I've been busy buzzing around, excited about my new potential career opportunity.  But - I'm also noticing a bit of the angst of moving into new territory.  So, while I feel like I've had an extra dose of caffeine and want to jump right in, my fears about success are also making themselves felt and saying "Whoa, hold on there."

What I've come to understand is that both sides of these emotions are valid.  I know that my excitement about the new opportunity will push me to try something outside of my comfort zone.  I also know that my fears will keep me from pushing too far and going down a path of mistakes and wrong choices that could be avoided.

It's a powerful realization that I have learned enough about life and the Universe and my own nature to see that I don't have to identify with only one way of feeling and thinking.  I can embrace both.  I can get the lesson and change my behavior when necessary.

I've been given an opportunity to go down a path and create something new.  I don't have to dampen my fears and 'positive think' my way through.  And, I don't have to rush through the experience and miss the journey itself.  I just take it one step at a time, notice my thoughts, and let myself be available to the personal growth that will get me from here to something even better than I can imagine.

So, what are YOU learning from your emotions?  Are you seeing the gift in both the positive and the negative emotions?

Today, I set the intention to embrace and learn from both the positive and negative emotions I have, knowing they are teachers and leading me down a path of ever-increasing good.


"Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of 
your consciousness.  How do you know this is the experience you need? 
 Because this is the experience you are having at the moment."  

"All life is an experiment.  The more experiments you make, the better."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In the wholeness and fullness of this moment, there is a field of infinite possibility, stretched out and inviting the knowing of a Divine Presence.  It is a presence of peace and joy, of harmony and bliss making Itself felt as steadily as the rhythm of a beating heart.

As I stand in this stillness, I see that I am the peace that is at the heart of this Infinite Intelligence.  I am the softness and compassion that moves as gently as a cloud on a quiet summer day, revealing the Creative Wisdom that I call God and allowing it to surround me and flow from within me.

In this awareness of my Oneness with Source, I am clear of my path each day as I take one step forward.  I welcome the ever-increasing good that transforms my experiences into celebrations of learning and wisdom.  I stand deep in the faith that my personal growth is Divinely guided and my evolution into a life filled with meaning and purpose is perfect.  And, I affirm that joy and bliss follow me and that peace and grace sustain me with each opportunity that is presented on my journey of transformation and expansion.

Exhaling into this moment, I am filled with gratitude for the healing that takes place in embracing all of my emotions.  I am thankful that my relationship with myself is evolving into a beautiful knowing that Life is here to support me to thrive.  And I am grateful for each experience that brings with it a pearl of wisdom, a gift that encourages me to reach for higher and better outcomes in the here and now.

From a place of thanksgiving, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is done and being made manifest in amazing ways.  I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of David Blackwell/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment