Wednesday, September 24, 2014

But I Don't Want To...

"But we always go to Aqui's on Friday"  As soon as I said the words, I stopped in my tracks.   I've been so busy with my recent efforts in my career that I've fallen back into easy routines at home.

In my defense - if I'm in a routine at home, I know that one area of my life will be settled and structured and comfortable.  But - what my family experiences is that I'm so set in my ways, I'm not much fun to be around.

So, when my daughter wanted to try a new pizza place downtown, my inner child started stomping her feet and whining, "No, no, no...."  Wow, I seriously need to lighten up!

Of course, I really do enjoy my favorite Mexican restaurant but I also know that the Universe is guiding my life.  And when someone suggests I try something different, my job is to jump in with both feet and say "Yes, of course, I'd love to try the new pizza place."

Because I never know who I will meet that might change my life.  And I never know what might happen that could alter my path.  And I never know if that decision might be the catalyst for change in my daughter's life.

Sure, it could also just be that we go for pizza and have fun.  Maybe THAT is what the Universe intended...a little levity to balance the hard work.

So, where are YOU stuck in your routines?

Today, I set the intention to remember the importance of being available to stepping out of my routine and jumping into new experiences, having faith each experience is here to serve a purpose. 


"Perfection is the obstacle of creation and the enemy of achievement.  At some point, 
you've got to say, 'This is good.  And this is enough.'  If you cannot do this, you will never 
get anything done - and that is the opposite of what you want, is it not?"  

"You are braver than you believe, stronger that you seem and smarter than you think."  
~A.A. Milne from "Winnie the Pooh"


Affirmative Prayer:
Sitting in the garden, feeling the wind softly blowing, there is the Allness of Life that moves through the trees and flowers.  It is the blossoming of the rose each morning and the softness of the dew on the grass.

This Creative Intelligence is always available, speaking to my heart and reminding me that, at my core, I am Divine.  I am safe and protected as the Universe surrounds me with love and light.  I step into this truth and choose the joy and happiness that is my inherent nature.  Goodness flows from within me, spreading through my life in perfect, beautiful ways.

Knowing that I am never alone, I am overwhelmed by the inner voice that thunders through me, telling me that I am the beloved, here to share my gifts and talents.  As I say, 'Yes' to new experiences, I tune into the beauty of each moment.  I accept that my life is changed, up-leveled and uplifted in magnificent ways by simply being available to new opportunities.  I am transformed as I stay tuned to the all-good that I call God and let myself rise to each occasion with a spring in my step.  And I affirm that as I hold thoughts of what is important to me, I easily balance the hard work with lightness and fun and laughter.  I am here on purpose, for a purpose and I am enough.

I am thankful for the guidance from the Universe, showing me how strong and capable I am.  I am filled with gratitude for the confidence that I will be okay when I step out my routine. And I give thanks for Spirit's wisdom that flows to support and sustain me through all changes.

With an open heart and open mind, I release this prayer to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.   I hear the guidance clearly and trust deeply in my good.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of David Kracht/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment