Friday, September 19, 2014

Traces Of Being Deeply Loved And Loving Deeply

I am an introvert.  My plan for Saturday is stay home in my pajamas, finish reading Gone Girl, and get someone else to take the dog for a walk.

My other half, Kevin, is an extrovert.  His plan for Saturday is to watch college football and have a group of friends over for dinner.

It's ironic but I believe the Universe, in It's wisdom, has brought us together for exactly that reason  - because we are complete opposites in our need to recharge.

When I look at it more closely, I can see that for each of us, our relationships can stagnate when we are too much alike.  But, when there are contrasting personalities and uncomfortable moments, we are called to grow out of our comfort zone.

So, how else can I learn compromise but by having to negotiate for some "me" time on Saturday.  And, how else can I learn compassion but by acknowledging his desire for group activities with family and friends.

On the flip side, I can see times where Kevin realizes that I need my "recharge time" and will offer to give me my space to nap on the couch or binge-watch House of Cards.

Admittedly, reaching this point didn't happen in the beginning of our marriage.  But - we knew enough that if we wanted a different partnership this time around, we would have to do things differently.

Our approach in our first marriages simply didn't work.  Our approach in this marriage is to realize that there are lessons to be learned, to notice when things seem to get painful, and to make space to give each other what we need at that time.

I absolutely believe the Universe paired us up as we placed our demands on it for a loving, beautiful partnership and healthy relationship.  And, it's been an opportunity for both of us to go from something that was merely good to a marriage that is filled with genius.

So, what choices are you making in YOUR relationships?  Are you learning from past relationship mistakes?

Today, I set the intention to see that when I make demands on the Universe for something even better and take a new approach toward life, I am supported in going from good to brilliant.


"Spiritual growth involves giving up the stories of your past so the Universe can write a new one."  ~Marianne Williamson

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."  ~Lao Tzu


Affirmative Prayer:
In this moment, I let go of any decision that needs to be made and simply choose to be still.  And in that stillness is the all-good of Life.  It is the Infinite Intelligence that is steeped in joy.  It is the Creative Wisdom that sings with beauty and harmony.

Centering in this knowing, I open up and allow the recognition to blossom that I am one with this Infinite Intelligence and Creative Wisdom.  I am peace, allowing for Spirit's love to guide my steps and surround me with grace.  I am abundance, available to be the channel for Life's good to flow through me and around me.

Embracing the desires of my soul for a beautiful, healthy relationship, I let go of what didn't serve me before and open up to a marriage that is aligned with my highest good.  I am not trapped by the differences but am called to rise up to be more of the love and joy that is my true nature.  I welcome the contrasts in my partnership and trust that, as I make a choice to be compassionate, that compassion is returned to me many times overs.  I accept the uncomfortable moments, having faith that they will pass and be revealed to hold a pearl of wisdom that let's each of us shine in ways that are brilliant and amazing.

I am so thankful for a Source that is always giving of Itself to each of us.  I am filled with gratitude for the learning that continues to transform my marriage, knowing that with each lesson, it gets easier and easier to be a peaceful presence.  And I give great thanks for the courage and strength to open up and be exactly who I am, having faith that I am always supported by the Divine.

From a place of joy and beauty and abundance, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I am filled with exhilaration and happiness and sit in expectancy of ever increasing good.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Georgie Pauwels/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment