Friday, February 14, 2014

To Truly Work Through Issues, Change Your Perception

On the DailyOM site yesterday, Madisyn Taylor wrote, "It is only when we actively seek to work through our issues that we can lighten the load and our souls can evolve."

That's all well and good, however, there are times I wish I had noise-canceling headphones to drown out my issues.   Simple solution, right?  Sorry, pain and suffering, but I can't hear you right now!

I know there is an energy inside me that is pulling me toward my vision for life - pulling me toward being what I came here to be.  What if it is the pain and suffering that are pushing me toward that vision?  What if the heartbreak and loss are helping me to see what's going on inside of myself?

And, what if, fundamentally, it's my perception of the challenges that is the real issue I need to work through?

Being a student of Ernest Holmes and the New Thought community, I know that I am never separate from my source of good - from the Universe.  It is all contained within me - peace, harmony, happiness.

The reason for the challenges, then, are so I can push past them and really GET that everything is God.  It is the evolution of my soul.

God, Spirit, the Universe - whatever you choose to call it - is palpable.  I can choose peace in the midst of pain because it always available.  I can choose happiness over suffering because it's in every cell of my body.

It comes back to how I look at the situation - about how I perceive things in the moment.  And, it's always an opportunity to practice.  It's a chance to take off the headphones and examine what's going on internally - to be the observer.

It's a time to ask why the Universe is trying to get my attention.

So, what is the answer I get back?  I am pushed into the opposite of peace so I can grow through it.  I am thrown into the opposite of harmony so I can transform.  And now, my perception of the issues has changed into one that I no longer try to avoid.

Instead, I own my perceptions and learn to see how we are all so connected.  I bless my journey and flow with the obstacles.  I have become willing to simply allow and to connect to the wisdom within.

So, how do YOU change your perception when you are facing issues and challenges?

Today, I set the intention to be open to working through my issues, allowing for the evolution of my soul, with faith that the Universe is pulling me toward a bigger vision for my life.


"It is through weakness and vulnerability that most of us learn 
empathy and compassion and discover our soul."  

"As we recognize our Oneness with Infinite Intelligence, we are 
set free from uncertainty and pain.  Our heart is a living center, 
through which the Love of God flows to bless eternally not only our 
own lives but the lives of all whom we contact - as long as we 
realize this, our heart cannot be troubled."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In the exhalation of a single breath, there is a recognition that there is only One.  One Divine Intelligence that pulses through everything that is.  One Divine Wisdom that guides all of Life in sacred and special ways.

Entering into the consciousness of the One, I am filled with wonder at the Divine Intelligence within me, expressing as me.  Every cell of my body contains the Divine Wisdom that heals.  Every word that I say is spoken with reverence as Divine Love moves through me.

I open up and allow Spirit to guide me to a life that is amazing.  As I release old fears and worries, I am free to step into my joy, inspired by everything that is showing up in my life.  I take one step at a time toward my dreams and the Universe rises up to meet me.  My life flows easily and effortlessly and I welcome the love that surrounds me as I become more of who I am meant to be.  I claim the perfect evolution of my soul is right where I am now, in this moment.  I am kind to myself as I work through challenges, knowing that the experience is for my highest and best good. And, there is nothing that can hold me back!

I am so grateful for the guidance of Spirit that directs my path.  And I am thankful for the gift of transformation as I am reminded of my worthiness to receive.  I am filled with gratitude for the clarity of knowing the next right action to take toward the highest expression of God as me.

 It is from this place of gratitude that I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  It is perfect!  And I let it be so.  And so it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment