Saturday, July 12, 2014

Have A Wonderful and Happy Weekend




My youngest daughter turned 21 last week while we were away in Lake Tahoe so we're celebrating this weekend with a pub crawl.  It's such a different celebration as our children get older - not so much about cake and more about what they've longed to do as an adult (like being able to order a cocktail at a restaurant!)  It's been a beautiful, challenging, interesting, frustrating, humor-filled journey and through it all, I feel blessed by all three of my kids.  I hope your weekend includes something that makes you smile and brings you joy...and here are a few posts I enjoyed from around the web.


The email that could help you live longer

The greatest airline pilot ever orders pizza for stranded passengers

Loving yourself means warts and all

Is happiness the secret of success?

10 things dogs teach us about what matters most

5 things you probably didn't know about watermelon

20 signs you're a spiritually healthy person

The novel, Freaky Friday, is highly under-rated

The great toilet paper scare of 1973

What really turns you on?

Why she's the luckiest person on the planet, Redux

Deepen your prayer and see where life takes you

You are not broken and neither is the world

At 54, "To Kill A Mockingbird" is an e-book


And, I saw this in O Magazine and love it - "I don't drink, and I don't smoke, but around 5 P.M., on a particularly tough day, I get my fix of kettle-cooked salt-and-vinegar potato chips - and crunch away my stress."  Kelsey Nixon, host of The Cooking Channel's Kelsey's Essentials.

Photo of Lake Tahoe taken on the Rubicon Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment